Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

L14 & L134's

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Oldbear

Oldbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:57 PM

Just some Picts of my F1 134's and a new addition L14 getting to know each other:)

Thought I would share.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0612.JPG
  • IMG_0610.JPG
  • IMG_0617.JPG

#2 Gehandylan

Gehandylan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

Lovely :)

#3 Oldbear

Oldbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:32 PM

Thanks Gehandylan. Fish are just like us all adorable when young then you get big old and ugly:)   just kidding. only some of us are ugly.

#4 Gehandylan

Gehandylan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:52 PM

@oldbear - beauty is in the eye of the beholder

#5 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:51 AM

nice fish, two of my faves

• Oldbear likes this

#6 Oldbear

Oldbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Jimmy Chonka, could not resist buying the little L14 when I saw it in the store a few weeks ago, as you know I have had my other one for 18 years so this one may out live me, hope not:)

#7 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:59 AM

Thanks Jimmy Chonka, could not resist buying the little L14 when I saw it in the store a few weeks ago, as you know I have had my other one for 18 years so this one may out live me, hope not:)

They are pretty cute when small those goldies. Local lfs has some small ones but over priced. L14 and L134 go together nicely. Similar params, warmer water etc.

Still hoping my L134 male figures out the breeding thing ;)

#8 Oldbear

Oldbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:49 PM

@ Jimmy, Well I have lots of F1 L134's if you ever want to add to your group, mine spawn all the time.  Your right about the L14 they do seem to be more bold then others pleco's, always out and about,  even my big one. I have some L600's in that tank as well and almost never see them.  The young 134's are always out as well but seem to disappear in there caves when older.  Lots of cover and it seems to keep them happy.

#9 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:22 PM

Thanks man, will let you know. Gehan and thanusan have been great helping with advice and convincing me the male is just being a dumb ass adolescent and hasn't figured it out yet lol. I've got breeder box and egg rocker standing by

#10 Oldbear

Oldbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:18 AM

Mine are in a 75gal, I had them for three years before they started to spawn.  It is a old tank with gravel and lot of algae. I do not use any kind of egg holder. I do not treat the tank special in any way.  The lights are on from 6:00am to 10:00Pm.  There are lots of plants for the young to hide in.  The fry  just appear on the glass and stay there for a few weeks.

The only thing I do is a large water change around Christmas and away they go.  I did not start with a large group only 6.  I now have 10 wild caught in that tank. They produce about 60 fry a year.  after they get about 2" I move them out to grow out tank, they fight a lot when they get to about 2.5-3" in size.

Good luck  I'm sure they will spawn one day for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users