Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Feeding Young Bushynose

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2038 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:36 AM

Some people have trouble with young bushynose getting them to eat. Often they are not overly keen on zucchini. I start my bushynose and L-182 starlight on snow peas if they have a choice of food this is what they go for first. I take a covered bowl and fill it with snow peas, add a bit of water and cook in the microwave for 6 minutes. Then drain and cool them and spread them on saran or waxed paper on a tray and freeze them. Pile them with waxed paper between layers. When you need one thaw it in warm water and split it open so they can get at the soft inside.

Another good food for small fry I learned from our breeders to the south. Collard Greens is what they feed. They are rich in vitamin A & C and are cheap and can be bought in bunches at the larger super markets. They are also great for lazy fish keepers. Simply pull the bunch apart and spread each leaf between sheets of wax paper and freeze. No cooking necessary. When you need some tear off a piece of frozen leaf and sink it with a clip or fasten it to a stone with an elastic band. They may not go at it too much the first day but the next day as it starts to break down they are all over it.

#2 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:37 PM

Cool, I'll have to try out those Collard Greens :) Thanks for the great info as usual!

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#3 mrsm

mrsm

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:36 AM

I picked up some Collard Greens for my Albinos, and they love it! I like the fact that you can leave it in the tank for a couple of days and it doesn't go mushy. Thanks for the tip.

#4 Anton22

Anton22

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Another good meals for little fry I discovered from our dog collie breeders to the southern. Collard Veggies is what they nourish. They are full of supplement A & C and are inexpensive and can be purchased in bundles at the bigger extremely marketplaces. They are also great for sluggish seafood owners.
Anton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users