List Valid as of Feb 28 2009
1) #1 For cheap prices..is... Aquatropicale on Decarie (corner Ferrier) and the other one on the South Shore (Tashereau blvd, Brossard). Fish are usually 2 for 1.
Conditions are usually not good (sorry for being honest guys). Limited selection of Pleco's (currently have Orange Seam, Clown's and your regular others). Had a bunch of Panaque Royals and half of them died in the tank. However, they usually have the best prices in Town. (PS, you can bargain with them also). Make sure you put the fish in a Quarantine tank when you get home. You get what you pay for.
2) Big Al's - Near Sources. Prices are decent for fish. Have a few nice choices of plecos (most of the time). I find they re-order at too slow of a rate. Currently have Gold nuggets, Galaxies, etc... Ive bought 3 Galaxies there recently. they are doing pretty good! No Bargaining with them. Clean conditions. Not as huge as selection as I've seen in the T.O. Wish they had a bigger store
UPDATED: OCT 09 - No Longer called BIG AL's. Same owner though.
3) Nature Pet Store - St Jean blvd, West Island. They get some nice choices of plecos, some times. Currently have a nice Deal of Green phantoms and Blue Diamonds (59 & 69$ for 4-5 inchers!) Biggest choices of fishes Ive seen in Montreal so far. I'd say more on the expensive side, except for the odd specials.
4) Nature Pet Store Lasalle - Newman BLVD. Usually same choices and prices as above. Less tanks & a generally a bit higher prices too (even though they dont want to admit it). Forget about any bargaining with them. Store is clean at least and conditions are good. Catch them when they get their Columbian orders and you're sure to get the more rare plecos.
5) Aquarium du Nord, St Hubert (near St. Zotique). Small store, great service. Make sure to ask for Mathieu. They usually have those more exotic plecos, hiding in those small tanks. You need to look really good to find them. Prices for plecos are average. I've bought some nice size Gold Nugget and king Tiger (L066) from them. Conditions are average and space is very limited in the tank isle (one isle)..small tanks...No Salt Water fish. This store was a precious find.
6) Aquarius store, on Jean-Talon near Iberville. My first visit was today. Medium size store, decent collection of tropical fish (no salt water fish). Currently have an amazing special on L200s Green Phantom -39$. I was tempted to pick him up, but im not too impressed with L200s in general. Clean, conditons are good. Prices are average to higher.
7) Aquarium du Monde, Jean-Talon near Lacordaire. I think the store is closed to public and acts more like a distributor. Call before you go. Mon-Fri 9-5pm - Im planning on paying a visit soon.
I'll post more as I find them, and please do Likewise.
Edited by upc239, 23 October 2009 - 02:26 AM.