Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

London Fall Auction Sunday

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2117 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 05:41 PM

London Aquarium Society Auction this Sunday September 29th

http://www.londonaqu...m/?page_id=1431

#2 Oldbear

Oldbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario.

Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for the info, I decided to go and check it out since it was close to home. I was shocked at what some of the fish went for,  I had no idea that guppies were so popular, I saw some pairs go for $25. Lots and lots of bristlenose long fins short fins green and reds.  Only a few species of fish I was interested in and I was out bid for them but still spent 50 bucks, Bought some stuff I did not want.  A lot of people I think maybe around 75.  I had a good time and I think I will be better prepared next time.

• Bwhiskered likes this

#3 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2117 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:51 PM

It was a good auction and I did better than I expected. Also paid higher prices than I expected.Hamilton's auction next Saturday is also one of the best. 

#4 Oldbear

Oldbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:49 PM

To bad I did not know who you were and I would have said hi.   I tried to buy three corys and dropped out at $25 even though I thought they were worth $15 each but there was only three and hard to spawn with only three.  The other buy I missed was albino hobo cats I think. they look like cats but nice looking fish. I dropped out at $25 for those as well.  I joined the london aquatic club while I was there just to support it.  I really got a kick out of the young people and how prepared they were for the auction, they gave me some lessons for next time. and maybe I will bring some fish. I sure have enough L134's so I could donate one or two to the cause.  

I was more interested in the plants then anything there really,  Not sure if I would make the drive to Hamilton, it is a long day for a old guy like me.

I laugh at my wife because she bid on a plant and won the bid but the runner gave it to someone else, I heard about all the way home:)

#5 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2117 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 05:50 PM

I'm Charlie Drew. Known by a large population in the hobby. I sell the raffle tickets at the Hamilton Auction this Saturday.

#6 Oldbear

Oldbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:52 PM

Yes I kinda got that feel from the replies to your post that you have been around for a while and I mean in a good way:)

Well if I show at the Hamilton show I will look you up and introduce myself to you.  I'm Dave Bear by the way not Known by a large population in the hobby:)

#7 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2117 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:07 AM

This is just an auction. Our show is in the spring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users