Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Shipping Disaster

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Reis

Reis

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

https://www.instagra.../p/BdoOETzB-O8/

That link is the original post I started. This is what it says:

Please read

- L345 - L134 - L262 - L239 - L46 - L128 -

Youtube Channel dedicated to video's of my Set Up's and Livestock!

http://www.youtube.com/nextgenaquarium

#2 Altum Nut

Altum Nut

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

I don't have Instagram Chris...so it's the first time viewing your issue. This desperately sucks mainly due to the rare species that died and should not have but also for the loss of your hard earned $$$$ because of the ignorance of WestJet staff. I don't think they ever view the outside box that clearly indicates LIVE FISH. Did they even notice the nice red thermometer that also shows box should not be chilled. It's unfortunate we require items shipped but whomever loads and unloads these boxes including the staff in airport warehouses have no respect for personnel belongings that don't belong to them.

Issues as yours should be headlined on social media big time so the West Jet chiefs in the offices know. I'm sure many reports of damaged / lost items or in this case dead fish never get to the suits on the penthouse floor. One staff will just cover for the other.

Really sorry is all I have to offer you right now my friend. 

So....is that it you lose or is there a process you need to go through?

...Ralph 

#3 Reis

Reis

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

Hey Ralph thanks for the support. I'm hoping that we can possibly get a positive response from this on social media and possibly get something done. People need to understand that LIVE fish are also living things... there have been wayyyy to many losses for many years and it's time they smarten up. Just doing what I can to see if we can make a difference and hold them accountable.
I will post the story the pics give me a bit

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

#4 Reis

Reis

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:52 AM

These plecos are rarely seen and numbers of these species are very low. The last 10 of these beauties were shipped out along with many other rare plecos, a shipment valuing over $2500. Everyone saw the videos in my story, so L46, L345, L260. The plan was to start another breeding group across the country to share and spread the L345s and possibly bring up their numbers. Sadly they all died... None of the plecos ended up making it as they were left outside in this weather for several hours because of known delays. Then for some reason it got sent with a later flight which makes me believe they forgot it outside... @westjet staff FAILED to make any attempts to contact myself or my receiver at any point... If they knew about these delays I would have been glad to drive back and make other arrangements. These fish died for absolutely no reason other than absolute negligence on their staffs part. I know this wouldn't have happened if it were a dog or cat... meh live fish? Who cares right... this isn't the first time this has happened with @westjet... makes me not want to ever fly or support this company. Tag wesjet!

#5 Reis

Reis

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:55 AM

I'm posting this to get my point across plain and simple.
After talking to many people, here's what some suppliers in Canada revealed to me. I promise if you're pissed... this is gonna make your blood boil, you've been warned. .
SUPPLIER 1 (Name will be left out): Since 2012 they've experienced issues on every other shipment. From Florida, about every time - 12 shipments with delays and boxes damaged and DOA’s.
Three documented ramp failures this year from Westjet alone in July, November and this current issue. Missed flights - Over 8 flights missed or rescheduled after the fish were surrendered on time! .
Hundreds of fish from this supplier were lost this year alone because of negligence alone. Rare plecos of all kinds, corydoras, tetras, angels, discus and more... all gone. .
Customs and Airlines need to understand that time is of the essence with any live animal but fish die silent deaths and so their cries are never heard. So I'm here to work together with all hobbyists because enough is enough. How many more fish have to die before companies actually start caring.

Please tag and hashtag @westjet down below. We need to be heard and things need to change! Please share this and spread the word. More stories to be revealed soon!

#6 Reis

Reis

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:56 AM

There's the evidence Posted Image

#7 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:47 AM

Sorry for your loss. That's aweful

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

• Reis likes this

#8 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 1975 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

Sorry you lost so many nice plecos.

• Reis likes this

#9 Reis

Reis

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the support guys! Really appreciated. Here's my most recent post! Trying to be heard.

Here we have an example of before @westjet and after using their shipping services. This shipment included a beautiful group of Altum Angels and a rare group of Panda Uaru. Sadly they'll never swim in another aquarium again because they were neglected and forgotten. Many hobbyists don't see this side of the hobby. The amount of live fish shipments that get mistreated is unacceptable. Things need to change!
Also for those who would like to know, this wasn't shipped during the winter. So weather was not an issue. Just pure negligence.IMG_20180107_205919_479.jpg

#10 Altum Nut

Altum Nut

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

I have witnessed DOA shipments before when Wild Alums back in 2006 did not ship well but those photos are hard to swallow.

Hats off to for having the will to get your story out and hope to dear it leads on someone's door step that this does not happen again.

Yes we know plane delays are at the mercy of mother nature but this has gone way to far in proper handling of live  species that on reflect these delays.

Your right my blood has boiled.

...Ralph

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users