Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Northfin Veggie Not being digested

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

I feed northfin veggie 2mm to my large tank and I've noticed it being passed right through into some of my pleco poop not digested.

that is to say im finding full not broken down pellets of food in the poop of some of my plecos

anyone else have this issue with their plecos and this food? something I should be concerned about?

thanks

Mike

#2 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:55 PM

Don’t use that food myself. Did it just start happening and you’ve feed NF for awhile??? Or did you just start feeding it?

#3 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:47 PM

I've used a few bags and fed to my geos and some plecos, didn't have any issues with it. Not sure how concerned you should be, that does seem pretty strange

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

#4 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 444 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:40 PM

I have never really exam their waste. How does the fish look? Losing weight? If so treat it with Metro....my 2 cents :).

#5 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:51 PM

Logic says put it on the back burner for awhile and use a variety of other food. It could be an old bag and maybe the NF is just old???

#6 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:05 AM

Don’t use that food myself. Did it just start happening and you’ve feed NF for awhile??? Or did you just start feeding it?

they have been eating northfin pellets and wafers for years. bag was dated to expire may 2019

I've used a few bags and fed to my geos and some plecos, didn't have any issues with it. Not sure how concerned you should be, that does seem pretty strange

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

same, my geos eat it as well and i havent noticed anything

I have never really exam their waste. How does the fish look? Losing weight? If so treat it with Metro....my 2 cents :).

no all fat and healthy as far as i can tell

wanted to see if anyone else has noticed. i think it might be my large L160 as it might be able to pass a license plate undigested it is so fat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users