Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

L397 WC

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Gehandylan

Gehandylan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTorontoc

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

If anyone is interested in L397 WC, they are presently available at Aquatic Clarity in the US. Jeff ships fish to Buffalo or any other border city. Jeff is a pretty easy guy to deal with. 2.5-3.0 inch WC is $150 each. 6+ is $125 email - aquaticclarity@hotmail.com You can also check his website - aquaticclarity

#2 cjerrom

cjerrom

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:32 PM

Thank you Gehan

#3 Gehandylan

Gehandylan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTorontoc

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

@cjerrom - I hope that they come in nice.

#4 cjerrom

cjerrom

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:52 PM

I haven’t been able to order anything yet due to the logistics of the seller being unable to ship to Canada and not being close to a US airport to drive them over is putting a damper on my order (20pcs).

#5 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

Are there no L397s on your regular export list? Are they really rare and hard to collect? Its a nice fish

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

#6 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

They are very hard to find in USA and Canada. They are quite available in Europe and Australia. I got my group from Curtis a few years ago. I just moved them with my Zebras where it was reported that they like high temp and current. :)

#7 Gehandylan

Gehandylan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTorontoc

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

@cjerrom

Wish I knew the problem earlier. I am in NY ATM and coming back on Thursday. Could hv helped you out picking the fish in Buffalo

#8 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

What is the rule(s) for bringing fish in from USA? I thought the  rules have changed that is why I have not cross border to get fish. My last order from Eric Bodrock @ All Oddball Aquatic a few years ago.

#9 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 2994 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

What is the rule(s) for bringing fish in from USA? I thought the  rules have changed that is why I have not cross border to get fish. My last order from Eric Bodrock @ All Oddball Aquatic a few years ago.

Technically you are suppose to go see us fish and wild life before leaving the states with fish.  Nobody ever does though.  Other then that nothing has changed that I am aware of.

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#10 cjerrom

cjerrom

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

Yeah if it’s for personal use/ornamental they code it and let you walk across - as long as it’s within reason and the fish do not require a Cities Permit. 1-3 boxes of fish no problem - 4 and more with 100’s of fish now you’re a suspect.

#11 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Thanks for the info. :)  I am  still worry whenever I bring fish in across the border even though you declared everything and the custom could still confiscate your pet. I have not been doing that for at least 4 years now. There are some very nice fish south of the border...

#12 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 1911 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

A couple of dozen Canadians go to conventions all the time and never have a problem. If a boarder guard is unreasonable you can ask to speak to his supervisor. Say you have been shopping and they only ask for a dollar figure. I have said I bought a few little fish for my aquarium and that was the end of conversation.

#13 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 366 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:51 AM

Thanks Charlie :)

#14 catinthehat

catinthehat

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:49 PM

When I cross I have a list of the fish I bought either at an auction or at a fish store along with a total of what the fish cost . I odd time I will be pulled in and after they check out what I have I'm on my way . No duty , no taxes . I would say that I'm pulled in about once every 25 times I cross . Could not be easier.

#15 Gehandylan

Gehandylan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTorontoc

Posted Yesterday, 04:19 PM

It all depends on the invoice value of fish and the number if boxes you bring in. Just make sure you hv clear and complete documentation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users