Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Stuff

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3012 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:44 AM

So we sold our house and are in a temp location now until new house is built. Had the well drilled last week and finally got around to testing the water this weekend. How bad is it that the first thing I think of is "holy shit I'll be able to keep discus". Lol. Finally soft water and 6.8-7 ph. No more liquid rock which is the norm for this area. I never bought into this well witching stuff before but had a friend do it and our well is 100' less then every other on the road and we are the only ones with soft water. YAHOOOoOO. Curtis. Altums and discus will be in order soon!!!!!

I'm sure most of this is very foreign to all the city folk that have municipal water and what not. But I'm thrilled!!!!

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#2 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:04 AM

:)

#3 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

That's great news. Where abouts did you move to?

I'm still in the city but my wife and I really want to move into the country. Always thinking of a career change and what I could do for myself.

Goodluck getting settled.

Will you setup the 10 footer or did it sell?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

#4 cjerrom

cjerrom

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

So we sold our house and are in a temp location now until new house is built. Had the well drilled last week and finally got around to testing the water this weekend. How bad is it that the first thing I think of is "holy shit I'll be able to keep discus". Lol. Finally soft water and 6.8-7 ph. No more liquid rock which is the norm for this area. I never bought into this well witching stuff before but had a friend do it and our well is 100' less then every other on the road and we are the only ones with soft water. YAHOOOoOO. Curtis. Altums and discus will be in order soon!!!!!

I'm sure most of this is very foreign to all the city folk that have municipal water and what not. But I'm thrilled!!!!

About time!! Now you'll just have to find a place within 2hrs of an airport! I have you covered on all the above! Colombia is back on now and they have awesome Green Red Spotted Discus! Altum season just restarted so I have many fish on order!! Plus Apistogramma, cories and plecos! 

#5 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3012 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:11 PM

Going to be a while yet until I have tanks ready to go. The footings are just going in, in the next week or so. Hope to be living in the garage loft by late October though.

Didn't move far at all. Just 10km away, bought a 20 acre piece of land on the lake :) sure can get a lot more for your money up north then in the GTA. Work is the hard part for most though, but if you like to work and work hard you'll be busier then shit.

Maybe 15 min closer to airport. Still 2.5 hrs to it though but that's no big deal.

Not sure if there's a good space for the 10 footer in the new house :( it's just stored now. Will likely get rid of my 125 6' for a 150 6'er. The extra 6" in height is so nice. Maybe acrylic too.

Rich

CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#6 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:01 AM

Being on the lake will be nice.

Sounds like you need to get a tank setup, Curtis seems to have some nice stuff coming in.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

#7 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 1938 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

Good luck with the new house. It will be good to see you back in fish.

#8 Altum Nut

Altum Nut

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:47 AM

Congrates Rich and believe me just like Ris...would move up near you in a heart beat as the traffic and over populated city is putting a toll on me.

Got 7 yrs to go before I'm eligible to retire at 60. Getter older may not be a good plan however because I see the snow you guys get.

Love the idea tho....

RSG sound good Curtis so I'll keep an eye out for your shipment.

...Ralph

#9 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3012 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:07 AM

Ralph, it seems like every year we are getting less and less snow :(.  Way easier to deal with it here though then in the GTA thats for sure.  Theres actually places to put the stuff, and everyone has plow trucks, tractors or blowers so its really not an issue.  Real seasons, its kinda nice.

Hopefully I can make it down to an auction next year and catch up with everyone, its been a while.

Always love seeing WC discus being brought in, they are so much nicer looking in my opinion then the domestic ones.

Rich

emailsig.png

#10 cjerrom

cjerrom

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:27 PM

Not to totally sidetrack your thread - I finally got 42 large gossei! Now just have to get those suessi! 

I'll post pictures of the Royal Green Peruvian Discus as well. 

Happy day!

#11 Altum Nut

Altum Nut

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:38 AM

I'll post pictures of the Royal Green Peruvian Discus

Happy day!

Please when you have time....ok pretty please

...Ralph