Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Cave order

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:36 PM

Folks,

I am ordering a bunch of caves from Plecocaves.com but talking with the owner the cost of shipping is absolutely rude to Canada. Having said, Angelfins is the Canadian retailer for them but only carry some of their products.

Some of what I want to order are the handmade caves, etc. I have already given my list to Brantley at Plecocaves.com so that Angelfins can include it in their next order and then the shipping to us wont be stupid. He is also willing to give anyone on this order 20% off his pricing.

So if you guys want anything from Plecocaves.com, let me know..... I can tally a list and then perhaps a 20% discount code can be created from Angelfins for your orders.....

#2 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:28 AM

Nice, Thanks for sharing.

#3 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:06 AM

Have you check out :

http://www.zuchthoehlen.eu

They have got nice caves too,

I have ordered from Brantley too.

#4 mike

mike

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

I see a medium pleco cave pack on angelfins I want but they are sold out. So 20 percent off the 50 cdn that is posted on their site?

#5 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:40 PM

I see a medium pleco cave pack on angelfins I want but they are sold out. So 20 percent off the 50 cdn that is posted on their site?

I would assume so......... I will your Medium Cave pack to the list of WANTS. Once I send Brantly my list and everyone elses then I assume Anfelfins will place their order with him. I will then propose the coupon code that maybe I can post here so that we can then order from angelfins. I will give this post a few days before letting Brantley know.

#6 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:41 PM

What is the Canada special for $87? No pics or descriptions.

#7 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:54 PM

Its the assortment that they show when you click on the Canada Pleco Pack. Unfortunately the ones I would like to order are not stocked by Angelfins and the hassle factor of trying to co-ordinate them coming up to Canada with Angelfins and them then tacking on extra $$$, which has not been determined is putting me off this order. If it was simple I probably would have ordered by now but its becoming too much of a hassle. Brantley says it would cost $180USD just to ship my order from him to me, never mind the cost of the caves.......

I am looking into setting up time with a place that does pottery (Stoneware to be exact) and making my own and firing them. Stoneware clay in Canada is about $35/lb so I can probably do it that way for a whole lot less and make a bunch of handmade caves myself.

#8 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 2994 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:14 PM

Its the assortment that they show when you click on the Canada Pleco Pack. Unfortunately the ones I would like to order are not stocked by Angelfins and the hassle factor of trying to co-ordinate them coming up to Canada with Angelfins and them then tacking on extra $$$, which has not been determined is putting me off this order. If it was simple I probably would have ordered by now but its becoming too much of a hassle. Brantley says it would cost $180USD just to ship my order from him to me, never mind the cost of the caves.......

I am looking into setting up time with a place that does pottery (Stoneware to be exact) and making my own and firing them. Stoneware clay in Canada is about $35/lb so I can probably do it that way for a whole lot less and make a bunch of handmade caves myself.

What sizes are you looking for? I've got a few boxes of his caves here that I'm not doing anything will. From small to huge ones.

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#9 Lukan

Lukan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:03 PM

Have you check out :

http://www.zuchthoehlen.eu

They have got nice caves too,

I have ordered from Brantley too.

Hi Matt,

If you decide to got this route, let me know as i want to order a few things. Not caves as i have lot of them.

Cheers

#10 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:16 PM

Hi Matt,

If you decide to got this route, let me know as i want to order a few things. Not caves as i have lot of them.

Cheers

I doubt I will order from that European site. Nice stuff but I still want to order from Brantley if I can make the numbers work. Yes I can probably do it for cheaper if I do it myself but then there's the hassle factor and time delay. Still working with Brantley to figure out a solution. Wish Angelfins carried ALL his stuff.

#11 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:18 PM

Rich, I'm looking for about 10 large handmade ones, 10 triangle or D shaped ones, maybe a couple of large 4"...... that is my staple anyways. There is some other stuff but...... I already have round caves...... not looking for anymore round ones.

#12 AngelFins

AngelFins

Vendor

• CanadaPleco Vendor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:03 AM

If you are guys still interested in caves from Brantley (Plecocaves), we can offer you 20% on his caves if you preorder them by Friday (December 9th) from our website. We will bring them with our next order. If everything goes well, the order from him would arrive in 1-2 weeks. We would ship your order as soon as we receive the caves.

To get the discount use Discount coupon CAVES20OFF.  The coupon is valid until December 9th.

If there are some caves you would be interested but they are not on our website send me an email to info@angelfins.ca and I will add them to our site

Posted Image
Retailer of high quality aquarium supplies.
Email: info@angelfins.ca
Brands we carry: ADA, New Life Spectrum, NorthFin, Omega Sea, California Blackworms, Eheim, Fluval, Aquaclear, Marineland, Seachem, Hikari, Repashy, Giesemann, API, Kordon, AquaFlora plants, Tropica plants.

#13 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:44 AM

Perfect!!!!!!..... re-emailing my list to you to have you put it on your website and once there I will place my pre-order! Thats so much easier..... plus i have other stuff I will add.

Glad to support a Canuck company!

Thank you!

#14 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 2994 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:48 PM

Thanks AngelFins!

Matt, I really only have ones that are much larger then that so I can't help ya anyway.

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#15 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:49 PM

Ok Rich. If I get into the big boys in the future I'll know who to PM

#16 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:08 AM

nice, just ordered some myself

#17 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:35 AM

sent an email, no response. anyone get their caves yet? just chomping at the bit to rescape my tank

#18 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:46 AM

Nope.... still waiting on my stuff too. Paid for it Dec 6th........ and still nothing. Jarmilla at Angelfins said that Brantley was still making them.

Thought the turn around time would be quicker than this. These are the last items I am waiting on to set up my new tank......

Hopefully soon......

• Gehandylan likes this

#19 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

Ya I got an email from her a few days ago and she said it will still be a week or 2. So that probably means more like 2 to 3 weeks. Definitely thought this would be quicker too

#20 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:53 PM

It is a big order, Brantley has to make them........so be patient :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users