Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:31 PM

Thanks for the food advice......... I wasn't familiar with Thera A. Will definitely put it on the shopping list. I have experience feeding Hikari small frozen bloodworms  and Mysis shrimp to my other fish and it does well. It seems that bloodworms are on the recommended diet for omni and carni plecos but my plan was to provide a dry food diet everyday, except once a week, suppliment with frozen. And for the vegetarian species provide fresh veggies twice a week.

But like anything, you adjust as the fish request......

I've ordered the dehydrated Australian Blackworms from Angelfins (great service BTW) and my ghost knife and African butterflies and Gouramis LOVE them!

So have any of you tried blackworms ( live or dehydrated ) for pleks?

#22 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:58 PM

Yes, I have tried blackworms ( live & dehydrated ). I will try to stay away from live food as they may carried diseases unless you hatches your own brine shrimps. I used the live blackworm with medications  when I used to keep discus. I gave dehydrated once my Altums and Discus passed the acclimatization stage.

Angelfin has quality flake food too. I use their ProGrowth, Brine Shrimp and breeders blend....

http://angelfins.ca/...dex&cPath=21_14

Northfin Krill gold is very good too.

http://angelfins.ca/...roducts_id=1900

#23 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:53 PM

Check it out

#24 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 1938 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:32 AM

Great video. Thanks for putting it on.

#25 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:45 AM

Saw that a few days ago...... jealous jealous jealous!!! :waaaht:

#26 matt

matt

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Locationtoronto

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:35 PM

Well...... I picked up 2 of Spencers last few L14 Sunshines before potentially not being available anymore..... what beautiful fish. Its funny how the characteristics are different. Both are about 3+"..... one is very active and the other is shy and does most of his moving at night. Also picked up a Queen Arabesque and a Gold Nugget. The Queen is very shy and only exists her cave when the lights are off. The GN is starting to venture out more and more. Spencer was great to deal with..... fish were packed great..... are very healthy/active.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users