Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

New RODI unit, questions.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Splak

Splak

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:47 PM

This is my first rodi I have owned.

Picked it up used for 120$.

Its a Spectrapure RODI CSPDI 180GPD unit. Model says Auto-flush.

I have a few issues, as I am horrible at setting stuff like this up, and I don't want to ruin it.

The pictures are how it is set up right now, with the extra's it came with.

Now, today I hooked it up to my tap and ran the cold water, it ran at about 60PSI and when I flushed it it dropped to about 40PSI. The water I produced read 120 TDS in and 1 TDS out. I tested a glass I made and it was 1 TDS on my meter.

It appeared that the waste water POURED out and the good water was much slower. For sure more than a 1:2 ratio, probably more than 1:4 ratio too.

My questions are:

1) How can I go about setting this up for proper use, is everything correct and all I need to do is get my flow restrictor to a good 1:4 ratio?

2) It appears to have just come with a manual flush, or am I wrong and completely missing something?

3) To use the auto-shut off valve with the float valve on a 5g bucket I will buy, how do I install this with a manual flush valve already installed?

4) is there any other tips, or anything I need to do before I use this unit?

I plan to install a utility sink and faucet in my fish room where I can leave the unit hooked up 90% of the time. But till then I'll have to hook it up in the laundry room and make water and then unhook and store it.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1090.JPG
  • IMG_1091.JPG
  • IMG_1092.JPG

#2 Splak

Splak

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:12 PM

UPDATE: 

In a 1 minute time, I collected 1450ml of waste water and 450ml of pure water, leaving me with a ratio of roughly 1:3.2 ratio. Is this acceptable or should I adjust to get a 1:4?

Unit also now producing 0ppm tds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users