Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

L450 Surprise

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pleconomous

Pleconomous

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOshawa

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:13 AM

Just thought I'd share my excitment with you guys and gals since the wife doesn't seem to interested. Murphy's Law strikes again, I ended up noticing some eggs being guarded by one of my L450 males for the first time right before I went on vacation. Ended up coming back home expecting that either the eggs got eaten or the wigglers were nibbled up since the adults are just growing out in a community tank. But surprise surprise, I found 20 wigglers just finishing up their yolk sacs still in the cave. So far they have survived another 2 days with no deaths and are starting to sample various foods. Super excited since the only other thing I have had success breeding so far is bristlenose. Now just waiting on my L134 to get the hint lol. Little guys are starting to colour up now and get some stripes. Just snapped some crappy picts after cleaning the fry trap. Will get some better ones as they develop.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1431.JPG
  • IMG_1433.JPG
  • IMG_1436.JPG

#2 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2031 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:31 PM

A nice little pleco. Good luck raising the fry.

#3 Pleconomous

Pleconomous

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOshawa

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:48 AM

Bit of an update, lost one fry from the original 20, so left with 19 from that batch. Second batch arrived about a month later which consisted of 25, so 44 little guys eating like pigs and putting on some nice colours/stripes/spots. Some interesting patterns coming through so far and even some fry with a more black/white pattern or a brown/white pattern showing through. Looking forward to how these will turn out as they get bigger.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1447.JPG
  • IMG_1450.JPG
  • IMG_1454.JPG
  • IMG_1457.JPG
  • IMG_1463.JPG
  • IMG_1466.JPG

#4 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:02 PM

Amazing, nice size clutches too!

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#5 Samantha

Samantha

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:50 AM

Very nice.  Congrats!!

#6 Pleconomous

Pleconomous

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOshawa

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:56 AM

Thanks! I was surprised with the size of clutches too, figured they would start small and gradually increase. Pretty excited to see if they do it again at the end of the month. Not sure where I am going to put all of them, might be "forced" to get another tank ;)

#7 Pleconomous

Pleconomous

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOshawa

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:34 AM

Just a bit of an update. Had a 4th batch hatch a few days ago so they should be finishing up their egg sacs by the end of the week. The remaining 3 batches have been growing quite well and are ranging from 0.5" -1.75" already. Officially have my hands full now and running out of tank space lol. Just a few pictures to show their growth and the variation in colour/ patterns. Some are jet black, others a nice charcoal colour, and even some light grey ones. A nice variation of spotted patterns and solid line patterns seem to be forming as well.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1516.JPG
  • IMG_1517.JPG
  • IMG_1522.JPG
  • IMG_1527.JPG
  • IMG_1529.JPG
  • IMG_1530.JPG
  • IMG_1531.JPG

• Chouin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users