Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

3 Groups 1 Tank?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Reis

Reis

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:16 AM

Pretty much wondering if its a good or bad idea to put my L262 (7 Juvies) L134 (8 juvies/adult) and L239 (5) into my 90G tank. I have a group of cardinals (40+) plus some juvies rainbows.
I'm running an FX6 and an AC70 power head. There's a ton of wood and caves available. What I'm wondering is if there would be any issues keeping those groups together. Are there any sort of issues I could come across? Please lemme know what you think!
Cheers

- L345 - L134 - L262 - L239 - L46 - L128 -

Youtube Channel dedicated to video's of my Set Up's and Livestock!

http://www.youtube.com/nextgenaquarium

#2 Thanusan

Thanusan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:19 AM

No they won't cross breed, add lots of diff caves and lots of driftwood. You will be fine.. 239s are cool man. They stay very small 3.5inch , u have good chance of breeding them. Diet might be the problem. 262 like meat food, 134 can eat both. Not sure about 239s. Not sure if they can handle meat or high protein. 

#3 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3044 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:56 PM

No they won't cross breed, add lots of diff caves and lots of driftwood. You will be fine.. 239s are cool man. They stay very small 3.5inch , u have good chance of breeding them. Diet might be the problem. 262 like meat food, 134 can eat both. Not sure about 239s. Not sure if they can handle meat or high protein. 

Agreed...

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#4 Lukan

Lukan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

Agreed...

+1

Also i would like to add that i could not be more thankful to Rich for introducing me to Rephasy Super Food. You can customize your fish food to cater to all 3. You have a meat eater, a wood lover and an algae/plant eater that is in between.

#5 Reis

Reis

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

Thanks guys!
I'll be moving them tonight. I'll also have to look into getting Rephasy super foods.
Where is it available?

#6 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3044 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:27 PM

I have a whole bunch that is expired that I'll sell cheap. I feed it to my fish with no issues.

A word of warning. Heat the water and mix with the powder outside. The stuff smells like hell!

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#7 Reis

Reis

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:45 PM

I gonna pass on buying food at the moment. I stocked up like two weeks ago. I'm gonna do some more research on it!
Thanks for the offer though

#8 juiceyfish

juiceyfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

I use repashy as well and is the best!!! I use meat pie, spawn and grow, community plus, and morningwood! Great stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2139 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

All fish love Repashy.

#10 cjerrom

cjerrom

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:24 AM

only thing I will add is dont mix the meat pie with the morning wood as the panaques will go after the meat pie eat it and potentially bloat after multiple feedings. For the L239 feed them wood, hard veggies and do it later in the night vs the daytime with the meat pie for the L262/134. L134's will munch on a yam and zucchini as well but will have little issues with it. L239 does not have the gut to deal with high protein diets. You will see the color fade from light blue to dark black and the bell will look full but they will die in due coarse.

Just a cautionary tale! 

#11 2wheelsx2

2wheelsx2

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

I think if you want to breed the L239 then you don't want them with the other species.  I have 7 L239 in a 46 bow with L260 and L134 and the caves are all occupied by the L134 and L260.  The L239 only get the caves the other fish don't want.

How many addictions can I have without overload?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 Reis

Reis

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

Yeah I really don't plan on attempting to breed the L239 any time soon. I'm more concerned with the L134 and L262.
I'm gonna be stacking my 90 gallon with a ton of caves and spaces for all of them to go.
This is an old pic but my set up looks more or less like this.
Posted Image

I plan to stacks some caves and give them a ton of options.
Would the L239 be fine with all that wood and if I feed them veggie sticks or kelp wafers would they do well?

#13 2wheelsx2

2wheelsx2

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

They would be fine if you kept them to dried foods.  I have never had any problems with pellets of any sort.  It's if you feed meaty foods that you would run into trouble, like the Meat Pie, or if you feed clams/prawns to the Hypans.

How many addictions can I have without overload?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users