Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

WP-60 Wavemaker

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

So i went and bought one of these for myself for now, I really want one of Olivers sweet pumps, but too much $ now.

This thing is pretty rocking, sure moves a lot of water.  Has 3 different wave modes and half a dozen non wave modes plus a speed control.  On the 1 wave mode I have around 1.5" - 2" waves running down most of my 10' tank!

Not sure I would want it in a room I was sleeping in but in my office i can't really hear it.

Highly recommend if anyone is looking to add a bunch of natural flow to their tanks.   They've got a bunch of different sizes too.

http://www.amazon.ca...&keywords=wp-60

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#2 cjerrom

cjerrom

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:19 PM

Like always - I have to check it out!
I am with you on Oliver's pumps as they are the best but hopefully with the Euro dropping they will become a little less.
As an aside how long are the power chords- I find that this is part of the user end issue for me as I'd like to put these a lot deeper in my large tanks but the 6ft chords prevent this.

#3 Lukan

Lukan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

Like always - I have to check it out!
I am with you on Oliver's pumps as they are the best but hopefully with the Euro dropping they will become a little less.
As an aside how long are the power chords- I find that this is part of the user end issue for me as I'd like to put these a lot deeper in my large tanks but the 6ft chords prevent this.

If we are talking about the same pump majority of the circulation pumps are only supplied with 6 foot wires. I really like them because they don't produce laminar flow.

#4 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

Curtis, the cord on them is quite long...  Its prob 5-6' from the pump to the controller, then another 6' from the controller to the wall. I haven't even taken the twist tie off part of it!

They are the chinese copy of the MP wavemakers and about a quarter the price.

Rich

CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#5 2wheelsx2

2wheelsx2

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

Instead of getting Oliver's pumps, why not try a Maxspect Gyre?  The XF150 is too big for me, but I'm thinking about getting the XF130.  They seem to be the next evolution of the water pump, after the Vortechs.

How quiet are the Jebao's?  After getting a couple of Tunze's I'll never get a Hydor pump again as they get noisy after a year or so and then the impeller gets messed up (the magnet mainly).  The new ones are junk.  I got a Vortech MP10 used and am happy with it, but having the motor on the outside has the downside of noise. Very small footprint inside the tank though.

How many addictions can I have without overload?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

Those Gyre's look neat, thats the first Ive heard about them.  The Jebao isn't too bad for volume, however I cannot compare to a Vortech as Ive never heard on in use.

Rich

emailsig.png

#7 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 387 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

Maxspect Gyre looks interesting.....PetsandPondsonly has one type but did not say which. 

#8 2wheelsx2

2wheelsx2

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:05 PM

The XF130 are all still pre-order in the states. J&L Aquatics out west also has the XF150.  It's 11.8" long.  The 130 is only 9" long.  And should be around $270.  It's available for pre-order now at J&L.

How many addictions can I have without overload?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:54 AM

Thanks. 

#10 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 387 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:09 PM

I was looking at Maxspect Gyr XF150 in Jan and it was ~$299 and now......it is $399 :eyecancer: . The problem with the higher US $$. 

#11 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3011 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:19 AM

Yeppppp.   Gotta love that 20% exchange rate.

Rich

emailsig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users