Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Cory Breeding Time

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 1934 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:42 AM

With bad weather coming and more highs and lows the cories are starting to breed. A pail of RO water added to a tank is often the only trigger needed. My Peru Bondi spawned yesterday following a water change.

#2 bigdaddyo

bigdaddyo

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

Charlie, As you know from my Facebook postings yesterday my Cory's are spawning weekly now. My green lasers spawned 81 eggs on Tuesday and another 29 yesterday.

#3 juiceyfish

juiceyfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:34 AM

Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 leisure_man

leisure_man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

Cory breeding season in full swing.   I am averaging 100 eggs every other day from my CW009 green laser breeding group.   What am I going to do with several thousands of them?!!!

#5 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:55 PM

That's an insane number of fry. Always fun to watch them grow. Goodluck

#6 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 1934 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:55 PM

You should be very happy as you can sell them to a store for a third of their retail price.

#7 leisure_man

leisure_man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:03 AM

In the past I always get corydoras in breeding group of 8 to 10 or so.  This time I went for broke and got 20+ green lasers.  I ended up with more females than males which I thought would not be an ideal way to breed corys.  Little did I know, the females just take turn spawning every other day, by the time the last group of females spawned, the very first group are ready to go again.  Obviously the males are all happy to oblige.  Their weekly food intake also more than tripled which makes sense due to constant activities in the tank.  I have cleared 6 10gal tanks for the fry, but something tells me that is not going to be enough.  It takes about 5 months to get them to sellable size, I will have to commandeer all the bathtubs in the house just to keep up. Will definitely make a point to take a picture of a bathtub full of CW009.  Guess I better get the Fluval FX6 for the bathtub tank.

#8 leisure_man

leisure_man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

They are finally big enough and look exactly like the parents.

Attached Thumbnails

• cw009_group_CR.jpg

#9 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:29 AM

You promised a bath tub shot. Did you get one?

#10 leisure_man

leisure_man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:28 AM

Luckily I don't have to use the bath tub yet.  Got enough tanks to house them for now.  But I just got another spawn of 80 or so just a week ago.  Since I am able to get them to 1.25" size in less than 2 months, I have started to unload them.  There is no waiting list here and I have plenty to go around for anyone interested in getting a nice size breeding group of F1 cw009.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users