Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Julii Female Cory?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sah

Sah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

I have one female julii cory and one male albino cory and the female kept spawning unfertilized eggs. Is this normal? Should I get it a male julii cory? 

The eggs did not changes in appearance and showed no signs of life. No fungal issues. They remained solid white colour and never hatched. I have seen people talking about some eggs that may not be fertilized but my cory is giving off 100% unfertilized clutches of eggs. First time there were 35 eggs in a group, second time around 18 and the third batch of 28. All remained solid white in a separate tank with air pump, heater and no fungal activity but I usually stop after no signs of change in the 5th day because people say there should be noticeable appearance change within 24-48hours.

This happened three times already since I have gotten her 2 months ago.

The other tank roommates are an oto and 2 albino guppies in a heavily planted 20 gallon long.

#2 cjerrom

cjerrom

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:09 AM

You will need 2-3 males to make a good spawn.

#3 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

She will be fine on her own, they have to release the eggs even if theres no male as they cant hold them for ever really just depends on whether you want to breed them or not, if you do then id suggest getting a colony going

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users