Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Is this from fighting or something else? L204s

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:45 AM

I have a group of 5 mature l204s all around 5" or so. I've had them over two years and I think the group consists of 3 males and 2 females. I noticed the white scrape like features tonight for the first time and they are on both sides of the pleco. Any help appreciated

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 leisure_man

leisure_man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:56 AM

Side scrape marks are typical on plecos.  My L260 females show scrape marks on both sides of their body from being trap by males in the caves.  The darker color the pleco the easier you see the marks.

#3 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

Ya these guys never go into the caves. Haven't seen a male occupy one for more than a minute. Last night I saw this one fighting with another male. Hopefully they sort it out. Here is a shot of the tank, there is lots of wood for everyone.uploadfromtaptalk1410428250391.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1410428267255.jpg

#4 juiceyfish

juiceyfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

204 are a territorial bunch .... The older they get the more territorial they are .... You look like you and a great setup for them .... Lots of wood tangles they should be ok size wise I would think I have a group of 8 at about 3-3.5 " and they do pretty good.... If you ask me the scrape marks are probably from a spot where it likes to hide and has something sharp to scratch it! Like a splinter or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users