Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Sick L330

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 impalass

impalass

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

9'' Royal pleco plump and happy, had a good appetite until it stopped eating two days ago, lightened up a lot and is breathing rapidly, obviously stressed.

It is not being picked on by tank mates, no resent changes. Temperature 81*, PH 7.6, Ammonia 0 ppm, Nitrite 0 ppm, and Nitrate rises from 20 ppm to 40 ppm in between water changes.

Picked this guy up six weeks ago, but had an eye on it for two months. Anybody have any idea of what could be happening?

P.S. Diet consisted of Hikari algae waffers, zucchini, sweet potatoe, and driftwood.

#2 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:36 AM

Maybe just up your water changes and hopefully he settles in. Any other large plecos in the tank that might be bothering him?

#3 impalass

impalass

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Already increased the water changes, and turned up the air, no other plecos, lots of hiding places.

Tank mates are a 16" Asian aro, and 6" tiger datnoid that totally ignore him.

He's still hyper ventilating, doesn't look good, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

#4 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:06 AM

I'm not sure, maybe someone else can chime in. Usually large royals are very stable. Goodluck

#5 impalass

impalass

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Hi Dis,

Sunday evening he was out and about, colour improved, and no longer hyper ventilating but still breathing a little fast. I noticed his feces was an off white colour and picked up some PraziPro Monday morning after a big water change.

Tuesday and he's still ignoring food but grazing on wood, staying out in the open, eyes are bright and not sunken, hopefully on the road to recovery, knock on wood !

Thanks for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users