Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Cory Aeneus vs Brochis Splendens - Help me Choose

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zfarsh

zfarsh

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Hi everyone,

Pls help me choose of the two fishes, corydoras Aeneus or Brochis Splendens, as I have never had either.  I have only had Cory Paleatus and Aspidoras Albater.

Tank is 75 Gallon, planted, with sand substrate, not heated, kept at room temp, usually 23 C is the room temp.

I currently have 3 paleatus, and I want to get 6 - 8 more.  But I also want to get another species, and that is between Corydoras Aeneus, or Brochis Splendens, about same numbers.

Can you help me choose?

- From what I read, their sizes seem to be comparable, at 2.8" for Aeneus, and 3" Brochis.  Or does the Brochis still tower over the Aeneus?  I like the idea of bigger overall

- Is one genetically superior to the other, ie can resist diseases better and live longer in general?

- Do Brochis look nicer as they grow older, and do Aeuneus look fat and uglier with time?

- Any experience you can share with either or both would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.

• Gbagssmcvq likes this

#2 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:24 AM

I prefer brochis cats to most cories, I've kept splendens and im currently keeping brochis multiradiatus and they are my fave cory style catfish of all time. very hardy and easy to keep imo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users