Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Below Water

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:17 AM

Well today I did somewhat of an impulse buy on a whole heard of L240's. I ended up getting all of them that Oliver had left, 11 of em! Yeppers. So the plane was due to land this evening, and I didnt even order them until 9am, less then 9 hrs till the plane lands and no tanks for em, CRAP!

So I had an empty 125 gallon siting on a stand in my kitchen, but i need that tank to stay empty for my move in a month, crap. Nobody around to help me move it off the stand. Crap. Okay... I can do this by myself, WAHOOO 15 minutes later I had that big ass tank on the floor and on end taking up very little room. I honestly didn;t think I was going to be able to do that, its amazing what one can do when they put their mind to it.

Okay, time to get some of my 24x18" tanks out. Filled up 2 of them, figure I can house 5 of the L240s in one and 6 in the other for a month without much trouble till they get their big new home. Stole some filters off some other tanks and they're rockin and ready.

Ended up getting home from the airport at around 10pm, did the whole floating stuff and picked out the biggest ones and put them into separate tanks to hopefully lessen the fights. We shall see lol.

Anyway, midnight now, so no pics tonight, but I will FOR SURE try to get some pics posted up tomorrow for everyone. Will try to take lotta pics tomorrow actually :)

All in all, I will order again from Oliver, great to deal with and the fish arrived in excellent condition.

Rich

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7247.jpg
  • IMG_7248.jpg

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#2 Katalyst

Katalyst

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:58 AM

Oh good so I'm not the only one who went on a fish bender today! Put me on the fry waiting list k? :D Can't wait to see your new pics! I picked up long fin red calico's today. But they won't arrive until the second week in April so I'll live vicariously through you.

I'll have to look into Oliver's list. Was planning on going to Exotic Finds next month since I'll be on the Island. Man this forum is going to end up costing me a lot of money!

#3 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

ohhh more of them eh, how many are you up to now?

Oliver / Belowwater is great, if he doesn't have something on his list he can order it for you no problem. I am trying to piece together what I want to get next.

Hopefully I can get these 240's breeding when they get their new home in a month :)

Added a pic, its crappy, they are all hiding :(

Rich

CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#4 silvciv888

silvciv888

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

too bad his site doesnt have the list posted......

#5 Chouin

Chouin

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:01 AM

Nice purchase !
Good luck with the breeding.
Chouin

125g: L007, 3x L24, 3x L114, 2x L160, L190, 2x Adonis

125g : 3x L25, L81, 2x L114, 2x L160, L200

125g : Mega Barrae, 3x L24, L106, L177, 2x L273 Yellow, 3x L273 red, L425, L600

75g: 
50g: 2x L160, L257, 4x LDA33
Montreal (Quebec)

#6 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

too bad his site doesnt have the list posted......

Email them for list. they dont update their site

Rich

emailsig.png

#7 Katalyst

Katalyst

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:41 AM

Spoke with Oliver just today actually. Very nice guy a simple email will get you his up to date list as Rich mentioned, he's very quick to respond to emails.

#8 KnaveTO

KnaveTO

CP Donator

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:42 AM

I have to agree with Kat. He is very quick to respond. I just got this weeks list... and there are Green Oto's on it!
Ross

Plec List
3 - ABN (Ancistrus sp.)
3 - L066 King Tiger (Hypancistrus sp.)
2 - L340 Mega Clown (Hypancistrus sp.)
1 - L191 Dull Eyed Royal (Panaque sp.)
1 - L204 Flash (Panaque sp.)
1 - L134 Leopard Frog (Peckoltia sp.)

#9 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:05 PM

Ya, hes had green otos for a while now :) He musta got a ton of them in. He's also got Cardinals for $1. The batch of 25 I got from him are great, don't think I have lost 1.

Rich

emailsig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users