Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Cw51?

cw51

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 cjerrom

cjerrom

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

Why are these guys so expensive. Bought 20 but they look like a prettier version of a Panda to a pleco guy?

Anyways I would have thought Aldolfi and Sterbai would have been pricier? What other Cory's are considered super rare?

Just educate me please.

#2 bunnyrabbit

bunnyrabbit

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

C eques, C.loretoensis, Super Pulcher, Super Schwartzi, CW49(looks like CW51).
I sent a pm but don't know whether it got through.

#3 catinthehat

catinthehat

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

There are hundreds of rare cory's just like pleco's. C.gracilis and C. ortegei are a couple

#4 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

Just cus a cory looks nice doesnt mean its worth much, I sell orange lazer cories for 6.99 while on my order list ive seen cories that would LAND at over 100$ a piece, nevermind what id try and sell them retail for and they are just blotchey gray things, just like plecos there are people who love cories, I have 7 fish tanks and 7 free swimming fish, the rest are all cories and plecos. Unfortunately I had a brain fart and didnt think about how orange lazers do with hot water and killed all 20 of mine :( Changed their tank to zebra plecos

#5 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 1934 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

The real rare fish go to Japan or Europe where they get super high prices.

#6 catinthehat

catinthehat

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Dutch, what are some of these high priced cories that appear on your lists from time to time. Do you ever see C. boesemani ?

#7 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

I dont even consider ordering them my ph at the store is 8.0 in all of my systems and its such a change for them, but I see unreal amounts of different cories in the last week well over 30 types of wild cories were available but I missed the south american orders since we had no internet, I can check tomorrow but I dont save the stocklists once i clear my email out the old stocklists disapear. The last south american order i did tho I managed to really balance out the costs and my landed factor was only 1.6 while other stores had 3.5 so if you do it all right they don't have to be that high priced. From california i can get c. Condiscipulus which would sell for about 100 bucks a pop lots of 50, these prices could be from the year 2000 or so tho, the list is all the fish they sell and it just says availability yes or no

#8 cjerrom

cjerrom

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Seen the super Schwartzi on the list today but its really reasonable? Lands at 8.00 ea- red/orange/green lasers are retarded at almost 22.00 landed??

#9 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

Wow thats steep for orange lazers

#10 cjerrom

cjerrom

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

I know I should get them off you - what would it cost for 50, 100, or a full box of each color?

#11 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

orange lazers I can do for 5 bucks each no matter how many you want if theyre available theyre local greens 15 bucks each if theyre available same deal and ive never had a red lazer in and he doesnt breed those but I dont ship, what we do is you can get someone to come pick them up and shipthem for you I'll pack them but I dont have hot or cold packs so you have to supply them :P And payment must be made at the store and I cant do a doa policy not in person. The problem is you'd still be shipping them off me and have a landed factor, If you happened to be in the area thats a different story lol

Steve

#12 tobalman

tobalman

CP Donator

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

Corydoras evelynae anyone know how much does it cost each ?
  • cjerrom likes this

#13 catinthehat

catinthehat

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

Corydoras evelynae anyone know how much does it cost each ?

I believe it might be one of the most expensive cory's there is.

#14 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

I missed a decimal once while pricing panda cory cats and printed the tag out a $599 each instead of $5.99 that may be the most expensive cory ever lol

#15 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 1934 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

What is the going price for Corydoras caudimaculatus?

#16 bunnyrabbit

bunnyrabbit

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Alot of the corys are not available at the lfs. Searching the net is the only way to find something that you are looking for. I found this http://www.wetspottr.../index.php/fish. The c. caudimaculatus tank raised are USD9.00
Also, the most expensive cory i have seen available is Corydoras sp. Cruzeiro at USD120.00

#17 tobalman

tobalman

CP Donator

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Just look back and found Below water (Oliver) used to have Corydoras evelynae at $175/each.

http://belowwaterfis...01_archive.html

#18 cjerrom

cjerrom

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

How the heck does that get up there - his Striped SD's are a 100.00 ea as well? That's 3x what I see them for here!

#19 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3008 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I liked these cory's, no idea what the heck they are - http://belowwaterfis...n-new-wild.html

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#20 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Those are nice cories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users