Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Pleco Hunting this saturday :D

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:38 PM

So I am off to the city on saturday to go searching for some more plecos.

YAHOOOO

haha. anyway, any recent spottings of L200, L183, L264, L239, ummm dunno what else.

Some funky Hypancistrus would be cool too.

Rich

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#2 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

Go to lucky's Jim has about 12 L-200's I was going to buy them all but I did not like the way they were swimming or hanging on to the glass. They seemed weak and disoriented. I told him they looked like they were not going to last too long he said he is going to look into what the problem is and try and fix it up. I am not suggesting to buy them but take a look and see for your self. I passed just because of that I watched them for about a hour and a half. He also has a bunch of different Hypans. Worth looking at if you are coming down here.

Oh I was there yesterday so I dont think they will be in better shape. I forgot to mention they were trying to suck onto the glass falling over slipping off most were trying to stick their heads out of the water. They just looked stressed and not worth the trouble if you ask me. You should still see for your self:)

He has a bunch of L-264 as well about 2-3'' not sure.

Oh and 3 different L# gold nuggets as well.

LOL ok he has around 20 or more different types in right now.

One more thing LOL dont talk to the other guy's there only Jim. He will work out a good deal if you talk to him. I know him very well we are fish buddies.

#3 KnaveTO

KnaveTO

CP Donator

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:08 AM

I know Finatics has some Columbian Zebras, Royals and Gold Nuggets right now.
Ross

Plec List
3 - ABN (Ancistrus sp.)
3 - L066 King Tiger (Hypancistrus sp.)
2 - L340 Mega Clown (Hypancistrus sp.)
1 - L191 Dull Eyed Royal (Panaque sp.)
1 - L204 Flash (Panaque sp.)
1 - L134 Leopard Frog (Peckoltia sp.)

#4 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:25 AM

Awesome, thanks for the info guys!

Too bad the L200's are in rough shape :(

How many big tanks do you have? You keep picking up these huge groups of plecos. I assume your attempting to breed also?

Rich

CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#5 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:01 AM

I have a few big tanks and some not so big tanks LOL I mostly keep preds. I dont care for breeding the fish right now but I will take a crack at it as soon as I feel like my groups are ready for it. I keep most of my plec's in the same tank. the small ones are kept in their own tanks. I just like having a lot of the same fish 1 or 2 does not cut it for me LOL

#6 klc

klc

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:24 PM

You may want to check Dragon while you're in town. They have some Royals, L200's, Three Beacons, L24 and assorted Hypans. Their selection is down a bit. Big Al's next door has some small GN's, small L200's and some L264 Sultans. Again, not alot of selection.

#7 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

Anyone been to Ocean Gold Aquarium lately? There was a lot of talk about this place last year and I really havent heard much about it since.

Thanks for the info so far, going to try to make it out the west end to check Dragon and Big Als now, hopefully I'll have time :)

Going to hit for sure:
Lucky Aquarium
Big Als Kennedy
The shop in pacific mall whatever its called
and I dunno what else

Rich

Rich

emailsig.png

#8 Rush2112

Rush2112

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:34 PM

Hi Rich,

I'm not aware of a shop in the Pacific Mall. Lucky Aquarium is actually next door in Market Village and they normally have quite a few plecos. As far as Golden Ocean is concerned, I have not been there for a while but their selection varies greatly from time to time. Some times they have lots sometimes little.

Gino

P.S.
One of these days we pleco lovers should meet together. The forum names are all becoming very familiar to me but so far I have only met Charlie Drew, Zebrapl3co and Kyle.

#9 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:59 PM

Awesome, thanks, I wasn't exactly sure where Lucky was, that'll help a lot. Now I just get to attempt to park my huge truck in those tiny spots in that area HAHA. Oh well, worst case theres lots of snow banks with my name on them :)

Yes I have only met a few as well, maybe something in the summer when its warm out again :)

Beers and BBQ or something.

Rich

Rich

emailsig.png

#10 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:53 AM

I would love to meet you guy's that would be very cool:)

Gold Ocean has nothing. Johnny said in march he will be getting a bunch of Plec's in.

#11 moon

moon

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:25 AM

Anyone been to Ocean Gold Aquarium lately? There was a lot of talk about this place last year and I really havent heard much about it since.

Thanks for the info so far, going to try to make it out the west end to check Dragon and Big Als now, hopefully I'll have time :)

Going to hit for sure:
Lucky Aquarium
Big Als Kennedy
The shop in pacific mall whatever its called
and I dunno what else

Rich

I was there on Thursday and picked up five gold nuggets at a good price. They also had a bunch of others. Not sure as to what they were. He has a new shipment of plecos coming next week.
Joe

#12 Rush2112

Rush2112

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

Where were you Joe?

#13 moon

moon

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

I was at Ocean Gold Aquarium in Richmond Hill. They are on Leslie just north of Hwy 7.
Joe

#14 jordsonsmum

jordsonsmum

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

You know what i'll have to do. I'll have to fly home to ON and have you guys n gals take me pleco shopping to the hot spots. I'll just tell family it's to visit them...LOL they'll never know!!!
LDA 46
L 144's
Long fin Albino BN's
Calico BN's
Chocolate Lace Fin BN's
Albino Lace Fin BN
Starlight BN's
Queen Arabesque's
King Tigers(L066)
Butterfly (L168')
L 204's
LDA 31's

#15 jordsonsmum

jordsonsmum

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

Well, how'd ya do?? What new additions did you swap your paycheck for today??? PICS!!!
LDA 46
L 144's
Long fin Albino BN's
Calico BN's
Chocolate Lace Fin BN's
Albino Lace Fin BN
Starlight BN's
Queen Arabesque's
King Tigers(L066)
Butterfly (L168')
L 204's
LDA 31's

#16 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 24 February 2008 - 04:28 PM

Yep, got lots of stuff :)

Unfortunatly the L200's at Lucky were taken out of the tank in the morning cause one of them had ICH. DAMN. But I picked up 6 x L264's, 1 x Medusa, and a couple BN for my brother. Also got 4 albino angels for myself. They are all in QT tank now and I will try to get some pics in the next few days.

Got to go do a big water change on my L239 tank as I noticed a couple dead today from the ich.. SHIT

Rich

emailsig.png

#17 Rush2112

Rush2112

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:39 PM

Rich,

I was there yesteday and I put in a good word for you. I hope you got a good deal.

Gino

#18 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:08 AM

Rich,

I was there yesteday and I put in a good word for you. I hope you got a good deal.

Gino

haha thats awesome, the owner asked me if I was Rich, I got a good price on the L264s :) Nice guys there.

thanks man!

Rich

emailsig.png

#19 Rush2112

Rush2112

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:52 AM

hahaha..beautiful! I could not even describe you because we have not met. I'm happy it worked out for you.
cheers...Gino

#20 Katalyst

Katalyst

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:11 AM

You know what i'll have to do. I'll have to fly home to ON and have you guys n gals take me pleco shopping to the hot spots. I'll just tell family it's to visit them...LOL they'll never know!!!

Kristy just come and stay at my house, they'll never know you were on Ontario! :D Allthough I have a feeling you and I would get into a lot of trouble! :eek::rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users