Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Hi from Mississauga

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alstare2000

alstare2000

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hi guys last time I had some fish was very long time ago, and well I must say lot of things have changed or maybe it was so long that I just remember, so looking forward about learning a lot from all of you more experienced.

So recently my wife talked me into getting a small tank we ended up getting a nice half moon 10gal and I must say this is probably the favorite thing in our house.

I'm now thinking to get a 50gal one once my man-cave=basement is finished, as I remember how much I used to love the hobby when I was younger. 10gal one is probably overstocked already for sure will be too small for grown up fish we have.

Wifey grabbed some small tetras and couple of small goldfish initially and then we got couple more tetras as they few we had seemed bit lonely.

I couldn't leave our tank without a pleco as I was always fascinated with them; so ended up getting a small 1.5" clown pleco which we haven't seen much only randomly when the lights were out as he found himself a cozy cave. Since the decision was made to get larger tank in few months I have got one more marked as l082 about 2" (I'm sure it's not a real one) but looks great and is more active then the clown. It seemed that after a day it took over the cave that clown was sitting and now clown is sitting behind the filter or heater (still need to get him new home-cave).

So that's my story and the beginning :)

Only bad thing in last 4-5 weeks fish were sick twice first time with first addition from PJ's pet store from SQ1 and second time with Ich after getting couple tetras from Big Al's which I'm trying to clear now. I'm glad to say that two plecos are healthy.

Not sure if the clown will be good fish to hold as I never see him eat anything, other one seems to be at least out and active.

#2 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2051 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Happy to see someone returning to the hobby. The next thing you need to do is get a quarantine tank as most store bought fish carry disease.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users