Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Ich Outbreak

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Herbal anything doesnt do shit in my opinion lmfao. As i said before I use coopermine because its a concentraded chemical use hitch's instructions but just with a better medication, these guys really seem to like the Kordon brand so try that just the non herbal one, I think theres green and red labels on the bottle just read em quick. in a period of ich's life cycle it lives in the gravel or on the other surfaces so clean the tank as good and often as possible aswell as scrubbing all the panes of glass to kill any ich on those surfaces.

Steve

#22 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

I don't believe in anything herbal either....

#23 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

my larger L14 was looking rough this morning, I did a 20-30% water change. I hope hes alive when I get home :/

#24 Hitch

Hitch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

What meds are you trying now? And r u sure its ich? And not something like velvet? It just seems a little surprising that this ich is so resilient.

#25 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

I'm still running with this ich attack stuff, my local petsmart was sold out of rid ich, and none of the big als carry it anymore because of the legal issues

I did a water change this morning, added the amount of ich attack back in. Did the same thing 12 hours later, 20% water change, added 4 teaspoons ich attack. Doing heavy gravel vacs and slowly removing the gravel from the tank, I think the ich is dug in pretty deep in the gravel. All of my plecos are looking pretty good, two of my geos have cleared up, one is still pretty covered. My big L14 is holding on, I just did a small feeding of frozen food, with some garlic guard added and he came out to eat.

#26 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

try the coopermine in 1/3rd doses if you can find nothing else, ive used it on a batch of 20 zebra plecos in the past with no loses and countless other plecos, the catfish wall is actually the most prone to ich atm because the neighbouring store isnt vacant so its cold overnight :S

Steve

#27 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

The ONLY med for ich I constantly have success with is QuICK Cure - Mops still carries it and they ship xpresspost - http://www.aquariums...ure-p-1478.html

I dont even bother with anything else anymore, I dose full dosage and have never had any issues with the plecos either. Just don't get any of the stuff on your hands, it will stain the crap out of them for days.

I also agree that the pixie dust BS doesn't work, wife sure doesn't like it when I call her herbal expensive things pixie dust though HA.

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#28 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

This is what I use with allot of success:

http://www.novalek.c...idich/index.htm

I dont believe in herbal. They just have that stuff to cover all consumers. Maybe fine as a preventative, but when the fish are melting, I don't think so. If it was so great they would use herbal stuff in hospitals. Most antibiotics used in the fish trade are actually used on humans.

If you raise that temp, and get that ick to explode - no way they can survice malachite green, salt, heat and whatever chemical they got in there.

If they do somehow survice, then I guess copper is the best. The only thing with copper is you got monitor the level. You overdose, its no good.

Anyways, who knows. nothing is 100%.

#29 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

The Ich Attack has worked it seemed. I was dosing twice daily (every 12 hours) kept the lights off and there is no more flashing/scraping and are the plecos seem fine. Going to finish the bottle and stock up on all the heavy duty ich meds in case this happens again in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users