Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Welcome Unungy's Imports

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Would like to Welcome Saul aka Unungy's Imports to the forum. He brings wild caught high quality fish in. Ships all over the world and of course into Canada. I have personally ordered from Saul a number of times and always had a great transaction. You can see some of his stock at his website www.unungy.com

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#2 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Welcome to CP

#3 matti2uude

matti2uude

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

I had nothing but bad experiences trying to deal with Saul.

#4 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

My first one was ok after that he just didn't reply on time or care to provide any real info on the fish my brother and I wanted.
I'm not going to spend a few grand and not have every last reasonable question answered.

#5 Lukan

Lukan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Welcome Saul. I still need to place an order with a few select plecos. Cheers! Marte

#6 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

my first time was ok, although the order came on a way different flight. Second was a disaster, I paid in full, no fish after about two months. That is fine, I get brazil is crazy, but when I wanted my money back , it was like I disrespected god. Told me I was cutoff.

#7 carkichi

carkichi

CP Donator

• CanadaPleco Donator
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

I purchased from Saul several times and had good experiences. He also gave me a few bonus Plecos (L260, L262, LDA 01, L24....) The group of L260s and L262s I got from him have been spawning for me on a regular basis now :). I found that he is an honest man and can be trusted.

#8 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

my first time was ok, although the order came on a way different flight. Second was a disaster, I paid in full, no fish after about two months. That is fine, I get brazil is crazy, but when I wanted my money back , it was like I disrespected god. Told me I was cutoff.

That's pathetic really pathetic

#9 kkaamm

kkaamm

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

I purchased from Saul several times and had good experiences. He also gave me a few bonus Plecos (L260, L262, LDA 01, L24....) The group of L260s and L262s I got from him have been spawning for me on a regular basis now :). I found that he is an honest man and can be trusted.

It is very generous of Saul to give you a L24 free of charge as bonus. You must have placed a hugh order with him!!!

Anyway, welcome Saul to this forum.

#10 Unungy

Unungy

Vendor

• CanadaPleco Vendor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Thank you to those that have welcomed me to the forum and are happy with the service provided through out the years.

Unfortunately to those that had bad experiences I can only apologize. My business tried very hard to please every single request but some people are just impossible to be pleased. No need to call names or go into details but the forum already know who they are so I'm going to leave it at that.

Last year before the ban in Brazil was lifted we managed some rare species that created few challenges for us. As a result few orders were delayed for our customers. We tried to compensate with freebies, upgrades and free shipping for the inconvenience.

My business provides free shipping, free plecos, size upgrades, group discounts, breeding projects discounts and many more things.
We are currently running few breeding projects in conjunction with Norway breeders and the Florida associations of farmers in USA.

I like to be positive and will welcome the opportunity to serve you again, should you give me another chance. I just ask you to be considerate, as we work endless hours to provide rare healthy fish and we do not have time to waste.

should you like to discuss any particular deal, please feel free to PM me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Saul
Unungy's Rare Imports.
http://www.Unungy.com

#11 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

So answering a customers questions who've you dealt with in the past and wants to be a repeat customer is a waste of time?

You need to remember we are buying these fish sight unseen and it is a risk no matter who you buy off.

I was deeply offended by your actions.

I don't hold grudges but I don't forget when I'm treated like a fool.

As for your comment about people just being impossible to please. I hope it was in no way directed towards me because I am definitely in no way difficult, demanding, tiresome, impossible, etc.
I admit I can be aggressive and hot headed but I was nothing but nice and kind when trying to set up another deal.

#12 Unungy

Unungy

Vendor

• CanadaPleco Vendor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I like to be positive and will welcome the opportunity to serve you again, should you give me another chance. I just ask you to be considerate, as we work endless hours to provide rare healthy fish and we do not have time to waste.

should you like to discuss any particular deal, please feel free to PM me.
Saul
Unungy's Rare Imports.

#13 matti2uude

matti2uude

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Even his arrogant reply shows he has no respect for his customers. I was happy to be cut off even after I helped him figure out how to ship to Canada.

#14 Unungy

Unungy

Vendor

• CanadaPleco Vendor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Even his arrogant reply shows he has no respect for his customers. I was happy to be cut off even after I helped him figure out how to ship to Canada.

Arrogant for not getting into an argument? I thought my reply just addressed everyone's good and bad experiences.

"Unfortunately to those that had bad experiences I can only apologize" means nothing to you?
Saul
Unungy's Rare Imports.

#15 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Look, lets get past the whole breeding programs, helping save the world type of talk. Its a business. I get that and respect that. You need to make money, I have no problem with that. People make mistakes, as I have, and its best to learn from them and move on.

But here is some advice.

1. First, as a proper business, don't take people's money until you have the product on hand. Thats just basic. Especially when your dealing with basically smuggled fish at the time. I heard some people had to wait 6 months finally to get their fish at that time. It is just not right to hold people's money that long.

2. Don't get so impatient with people. Afterall, we are spending more money on one fish sometimes than some people will pay for a top bred dog. I know, I bought my dog from a breeder and you should see the questions they ask you, let alone the questions you need to ask them. It is more easy to buy a house.

3. If you can't deal with all the questions and people being picky, they don't sell at all to North America. Just sell to Asia. I know some big exporters who don't want to deal with exotic plecos for places like Canada since the demand does not meet the hassle. They just sell to Asia, they buy in bulk and that is it.

4. Don't ID fish anymore. All the good sellers/importers I know don't want to get into the ID thing. I bought a L27 thunder from someone based pretty much on your ID (since he forward me your email), when it turned out to be a L190. So it makes people think something is going on. Probably not, just you didn't know - but better not go into the ID thing.

5. Don't sell to hobbyist, just sell to re-sellers. Its two different things. If you want less hassle and less questions, just sell to the re-sellers.

Anyways, whatever. All the best to your business. You do have nice fish and seem to have a way of getting fish even with the bad. Your packing was good and your prices (at that time) were reasonable. Just work on putting yourself in your customer's shoes. After all, the cost of these fish take up quiet allot of people's savings and time, so if you can't even bother to be somewhat more humble, then your in the wrong business. This is the fish hobby after all in which I think good karma goes a long way.

#16 Unungy

Unungy

Vendor

• CanadaPleco Vendor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Look, lets get past the whole breeding programs, helping save the world type of talk. Its a business. I get that and respect that. You need to make money, I have no problem with that. People make mistakes, as I have, and its best to learn from them and move on.

Right. Thank you for respecting it is a business.

But here is some advice.

1. First, as a proper business, don't take people's money until you have the product on hand. Thats just basic. Especially when your dealing with basically smuggled fish at the time. I heard some people had to wait 6 months finally to get their fish at that time. It is just not right to hold people's money that long.

We encountered some challenges before the ban in Brazil was lifted and yes people waited for a long time to get their final product.

2. Don't get so impatient with people. After all, we are spending more money on one fish sometimes than some people will pay for a top bred dog. I know, I bought my dog from a breeder and you should see the questions they ask you, let alone the questions you need to ask them. It is more easy to buy a house.

I agree with that, however we have to draw a line somewhere if there is no purchases for months and years where people have agreed to a deal and invoice has been sent and nothing. Then later the same person for another fish and another deal with a different fish gets done, an invoice gets sent and nothing time and time again. Eventually you're going to realize this person will not buy so you just leave it alone. I don't believe is disrespectful to be at front and to tell them that unfortunately you won't be able to help them next time they contact you. As you said this is a business!

I deal with fake pictures, liars that try to get credit for fish that are not DOA. People paying with credit cards and calling their bank saying that they did not make the purchase so the bank will re-credit the funds, bad checks or without funds or stolen credit cards and check books to mention a few of the challenges any business has to go through.

3. If you can't deal with all the questions and people being picky, they don't sell at all to North America. Just sell to Asia. I know some big exporters who don't want to deal with exotic plecos for places like Canada since the demand does not meet the hassle. They just sell to Asia, they buy in bulk and that is it.

As I said. I try to accommodate every single request. I do also wholesale for Asia but that is a different story.
It is not a hassle to ship in small quantities and most import and export companies will only do wholesale to avoid any problems as you said.

4. Don't ID fish anymore. All the good sellers/importers I know don't want to get into the ID thing. I bought a L27 thunder from someone based pretty much on your ID (since he forward me your email), when it turned out to be a L190. So it makes people think something is going on. Probably not, just you didn't know - but better not go into the ID thing.

Yes we all know. You made it public to the whole world under Planetcatfish. I do not do anything fishy and I do need to ID.
this is how I buy my fish for the business from the fish men and I remain as active as I can in forums around the world, but I know some importers don't ID for the same reason.

It is like asking a computer Engineer not to give advise about what computer to buy if a friend asks.

5. Don't sell to hobbyist, just sell to re-sellers. Its two different things. If you want less hassle and less questions, just sell to the re-sellers.

I sell to both and I answer as many questions as I can but as I said we need to draw the line somewhere.

Anyways, whatever. All the best to your business. You do have nice fish and seem to have a way of getting fish even with the bad. Your packing was good and your prices (at that time) were reasonable. Just work on putting yourself in your customer's shoes. After all, the cost of these fish take up quiet allot of people's savings and time, so if you can't even bother to be somewhat more humble, then your in the wrong business. This is the fish hobby after all in which I think good karma goes a long way.

Thank you for your kind wishes Brian. I try my very best to fulfill everyone's need and expectations but as I said they will be people unhappy anyways no matter what you do to help.

I offer my unconditional help at times to customers when their fish are sick or when they ask questions of health, diet, environment etc as I do in most forums, it is not only to make a few dollars. I am also in the hobby - collector of rare fish. I consider this as my second job. I'm a computer engineer that has a full time job from 5 am - 4 pm every day and that works over night to keep all fish alive and healthy, answering emails, doing invoices, coordinating the next shipment, being at the airport at 3-4 am in the morning to ship the fish for same day arrival, dealing with delays of airlines, cold weather,fish-men, covering huge losses of bad shipments or sick fish to mention few of the challenges on the nature of this business. Only those that have a similar business will understand the problem and complications that a large operation will implicate. I do put my self into my customers's shoes and try to be as honest straight forward as possible when there are problems and complications with the fish. I wish someone can put themselves in our shoes as vendors, it is why many people don't last very long in this business. Not to mention about wife's and kids that it is a different subject all together.

I do value your advise and humbly had made several changes for the business going forward.
Saul
Unungy's Rare Imports.

#17 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Thats good. Good luck with the business. At the end of the day, its just fish after all.

As for that planet catfish thing, well my view is if you use the internet to sell your stuff you better be ready for the internet to also check your stuff. It is not like I went straight ahead to the internet too. I contacted this seller privately many times to work it out, nothing. Even then I was willing not to make it public. If people recall, I only went rambo when this seller had the balls to post an ad asking who is interested in L27s and he can get them.

I still shake my head on that one, but whatever, it forced me to find and get to know other people - and found better fish for better prices. So in a weird way, I saved money and learned a lesson. All karma man.

If that incident didn't happen, I would have not found this dude who was able to get me a 16" L27 Thunder, and I am happy with him. So go figure.

If I were you, I'd stay away from ID royals going forward, the goldlines I got from you are not goldlines and that planet catfish thing everyone was saying it was L190. Whatever, maybe its a mistake on your part, but you need to be careful when you ID. Using your enginner example, if an structural enginner ask you an opinion on a bridge, and your a computer engineer - well there is no point, why bother.

#18 Unungy

Unungy

Vendor

• CanadaPleco Vendor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Thank you Brian I will keep it in mind.
Saul
Unungy's Rare Imports.

#19 matti2uude

matti2uude

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Arrogant for not getting into an argument? I thought my reply just addressed everyone's good and bad experiences.

"Unfortunately to those that had bad experiences I can only apologize" means nothing to you?

No unfortunately your apology doesn't mean anything to me a couple of years after the fact. Sorry it's too little too late.

#20 Unungy

Unungy

Vendor

• CanadaPleco Vendor
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

No unfortunately your apology doesn't mean anything to me a couple of years after the fact. Sorry it's too little too late.

Then perhaps you should have left this thread alone since we never have done business and apparently doesn't bother you so why stinging some's reputation?
Saul
Unungy's Rare Imports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users