Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

L330?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 kkaamm

kkaamm

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Lol looks that way well either way this guy was over priced at discount dragon $200 I thought I needed glasses asked the guy who work there what L number he was no one in the store had any idea fail!

Don't forget u said it is a 10" pleco. Shipping itself is not cheap for this size of pleco!!! $100.00 would be a SUPER SUPER give-away deal. I will definitely buy it if it is $100.00.

#22 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3008 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Don't forget u said it is a 10" pleco. Shipping itself is not cheap for this size of pleco!!! $100.00 would be a SUPER SUPER give-away deal. I will definitely buy it if it is $100.00.

Agreed. You can put max 3-4 to a box, and shipping alone from columbia is like 200/box. The dealer would be loosing money selling at $100 ea. People just don't understand the true costs of these fish.

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#23 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

I understand the true value of the fish and it's not the customers fault the store bit off more than they can chew.

They're cheap on the lists and shipping does add to he cost but when big als sells them cheaper you know something is wrong. Especially when they mark up each fish 3-6x the cost.

Big al NY brought a few of similar sizes a few months back and they sold for 130 tax in
I know what they paid with shipping on top they made a good amount of return off each one.

Plus if a customer pays $150+ for this fish they instantly lost at least $60 if they wanted to sell it in the near future for what ever reason.

you and myself have sold much nicer 330's at similar size for a lot cheaper. Or bigger and nicer for close to the same price they're asking. I know I didn't lose a cent on them.

The person ordering the fish must be an idiot if they're buying fish to resale when the shipping is almost equal to the cost of each fish when their mark up price is going to be a joke and way over market value. That's just bad math

#24 Hiroku

Hiroku

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

I highly dought they would sell it for $100 maybe at most $150 if that I don't mind letting the store make a bit of money if its a nice pleco but as u guys all said its not even close to being a nice one

#25 kkaamm

kkaamm

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

I highly dought they would sell it for $100 maybe at most $150 if that I don't mind letting the store make a bit of money if its a nice pleco but as u guys all said its not even close to being a nice one

1) Most newly arrived plecos will not show their real colour/patterns
2) Most plecos are better taken care of by a hobblist at home after purchase than by any fish store employee at the store

So, I am 100% sure that this L330 will be much nicer looking than now if properly taken care of by any buyer. It may even turn out to be a nice specimen!!!

#26 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

The cost of shipping is baked into the price of the fish. Who sale these guys are buying for 20 to 40 bucks if they buy in large quantities. The fisherman gets at best a few bucks for a fish like this. To people in brazil they laugh at why people would want this. It's like people wanting sunfish or perch from Lake Ontario for aquariums.

#27 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Also one has to remember the store just doesn't just buy plecos, but buy the bread and butter fish that always sells such as tetras, cichlids, plants..etc. they just do one big order, so get much better pricing on the total shipment. Many wholesales have told me it's the basic fish that make much more better margin and better volume. There is better money in common plecos than exotics ones. No one orders one l330 and sells its. So they try and make money on then total order.

#28 Hiroku

Hiroku

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

There's always the possibility I guess ill see next time I am down that way lol

#29 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

It's most likely a trade in

#30 Hiroku

Hiroku

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Possible I don't think they import much even though they do have a lot of plecos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users