Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Ick On Female Albino Bristlenose Plecos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nighttigerz

nighttigerz

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Just brought home two female albino bristlenose plecos and I put them in a quarantine tank but its a 2.5 gallon tank.. I have no other aquarium in my apartment to put them in.. When I picked them up, while I was being drove home I've seen white dots on them, the first one had about 20 of them and the other has 2.. I asked the guy that sold it to me and he said thats not possible he put them in a tank with about 85F temperature and he said the ick wouldnt be able to live in that temperature.. I'm not sure if he's lying or not but there's alot of spots on them.. What should I do? Should I put a heater in the 2.5 gallon with alot of aeration in it or will they not handle it? I have no other fish tank in my house, all used.. I can't take a picture of it because the camera can't see it and my camera is crap.

#2 lamprologines

lamprologines

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

return it if u can or add ick medication n add 1/4 teaspoon of tablesalt

#3 nighttigerz

nighttigerz

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I moved them into a 5 gallon .. I put the heater on to like 29C and I'm not sure if it's ick or what but it looks like it, but it's not multiplying or growing bigger?

#4 nighttigerz

nighttigerz

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

And it falls off too..

#5 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2009 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

It could be dirt or sand particals stuck to their body slim. Just keep an eye on them it could be nothing at all. Bushynose rarely get ick.

#6 nighttigerz

nighttigerz

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I think a lot fell off when I was moving them in to the 5 gallon, they seem healthy because they're eating a lot of algae wafers and they are really shy. The dots on them are not visible on camera and can only be seen under certain lights... Hopefully they will all disappear after a week or two so they can breed with my albino male, I'm done with common bnp, I've got to much of them.

#7 nighttigerz

nighttigerz

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

alot more ick has appeared..

#8 nighttigerz

nighttigerz

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Put the tank temperature to 31C-32C and the ick seems to be disappearing and 1 or 2 are left on their bodies. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users