Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

How to breed cherry shrimp with video

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

I Hope maybe this inspires at least one person to set up a little 5 gallon atleast to breed em (In the summers me and my friends put em in rain barrels and they get HUGE over 1 inch) I've kept em no filter no heater for months on end even through the winter inside a unfinished basement.

I use cherry shrimp in every tank to feed baby fish, feed large fish, even my zebra plecos and other types of plecos eat the little baby 2mm long shrimp as a steady diet. They are very easy to gutload full of nutrition because of their scavenging nature. I use just plain tap water from Bradford (PH 7.8 Hardness over 300ppm). I keep the nitrates at 20-40 ppm because i feed so much to keep the little baby bushynose fed and the temperature at 80 degrees live plants in the tank (riccia and jungle val) and feed the tank either 5-10 algae wafers or 5-10 massivore pellets a day (more like every other day since i usually only feed 4-5 times a week) water change about 40-50 percent weekly

http://youtu.be/ybaEfNJofrg
Link:
(incase id doesnt load again)

Steve

#2 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2048 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

I have cherry shrimp in some of my bushynose tanks. They breed like crazy just eating suplus foods.

#3 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

I just keep em in grow out tanks and feed them lol. I sell about 400 a week out of that tank and I have no problem with the population

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users