Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Zebra Plecos

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2054 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

The Aquatic Kingdom has in at least 100 zebra plecos about 2 inches long. They look good at the present time. The price is $250.00 each or 3/$600.00

#2 Rush2112

Rush2112

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

Hong just said they have 47 left after he bought 3.

#3 Lukan

Lukan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:37 AM

Regardless of the number. It is the most L46 in one tank that I have ever seen. I think they brought in 50 pieces.....well it looks like 100...who knows but lots.......

#4 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2054 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

They talked about bringing in 100. All I know for sure that it is the most zebra plecos that I have ever seen in one place.

#5 manuel coelho

manuel coelho

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

They talked about bringing in 100. All I know for sure that it is the most zebra plecos that I have ever seen in one place.

Maybe this is the 1st batch and the 2nd batch with bigger zebras could well be on its way...

#6 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2054 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

There will not likely be a second batch until the first batch is sold. That could be a long wait.

#7 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

I've got larger ones coming in 2 weeks. 2.5-3". Well they are arriving very soon, but I QT all my fish for 2 weeks at least before selling any.

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#8 manuel coelho

manuel coelho

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

There will not likely be a second batch until the first batch is sold. That could be a long wait.

Agreed!
But don't forget, life is full of surprises.
We may see more and more Zebras coming in at anytime cumplimented with lower prices.
If everybody hurries to buy then prices will go up. Not saying that you should not buy...

#9 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

Agreed! But don't forget, life is full of surprises. We may see more and more Zebras coming in at anytime cumplimented with lower prices.If everybody hurries to buy then prices will go up. Not saying that you should not buy...

Umm not really the case at all. The season is basically over now and prices have been constantly going up not down. It's getting harder and harder to get them. And there is more demand for them then ever.

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#10 Lukan

Lukan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

Umm not really the case at all. The season is basically over now and prices have been constantly going up not down. It's getting harder and harder to get them. And there is more demand for them then ever.

Could not agree more......keep remembering guys that they are not all coming directly from Brazil.

#11 john smith

john smith

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

the price war has begun. eddie on pn has dropped his 4 from $1100 to $950.(although he is a hobbyist)
serouslycichlids has dropped his prices slightly
group of 5 originally for $625 now $600.
I wonder if big als newmarket has sold any as of yet?

#12 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

Ive sold 2 of the 10 for $250 plus I picked up, we have 8 left still

#13 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

We sold another 1 today only 7 left

#14 kkaamm

kkaamm

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Eddie on PN has reduced his group of 4 Zebras to a final price of $800.00!!!!!!!!!

#15 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Eddie on PN has reduced his group of 4 Zebras to a final price of $800.00!!!!!!!!!

Ya but he has two for sure males there and the other two who knows.
The problem is here we don't buy zebs as a single fish. People buy groups for breeding purposes. So trying to sell extra males is not going to be easy unless someone needs two males. Its not worth buying the two males just to get the other two unknowns when you can throw out the same cash $800 and get 4 fish in hopes of getting some females.
Extra males don't sell well anywhere from what I've seen on other forums.

#16 Lukan

Lukan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Ya but he has two for sure males there and the other two who knows.
The problem is here we don't buy zebs as a single fish. People buy groups for breeding purposes. So trying to sell extra males is not going to be easy unless someone needs two males. Its not worth buying the two males just to get the other two unknowns when you can throw out the same cash $800 and get 4 fish in hopes of getting some females.
Extra males don't sell well anywhere from what I've seen on other forums.

$800 is very good price. However, with all the zebras around it does not sound too good of a price... Rule of supply and demand. I bet you if it was earlier in the year it would have been sold. If I did not have my breeding group I would purchase it in a heartbeat. Also, to a breeder having extra adult males is not a bad thing for genetic diversity.

#17 kkaamm

kkaamm

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

There are simply too many Zebras in the market now (too many in the US too) and so it may not be easy to sell unless prices are really really attractive!!! @200.00 for 2-3" seems not too attractive now.

#18 PioXII

PioXII

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Slowly the prices are beginning to drop, I'm seeing $190 each for some on kijiji.

#19 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2054 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

The glut may dry up soon as the collecting season ends. In the mean time take advantage of the sales.

#20 Lukan

Lukan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

The glut may dry up soon as the collecting season ends. In the mean time take advantage of the sales.

Could not agree more. Now is the time to add more to your stock before it becomes dry again.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users