Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Plecos Arrived

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Cool. Thanks. I use to do the beef heart thing, but I have been reading that allot of guys have stopped using it...causes internal problems eating beef. I don't know. I think I am going to switch to making a fish meal (fresh water fish) with shrimp, spirulina and kelp in there. I just got to get the blender off my wife! Yah, I am the guy that bought those discus from you near Metro Hall. They are with my dad now, I got into the whole pleco crazy phase, and gave them to him ( also just 3 discus is no good, they need a bigger school, and my dad has allot of discus)...and now I am returning to normal. Cutting down on the pleco's and going back to discus (and first time altum angels). What is your email? When I eventually get more altums would like to hit you with more questions if you don't mind. I just bought some wild discus. Kinda regret it, some of them are very easily spooked. Especially the Heckels.

#22 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

BTW, Spencer Jack emailed me back, and told me around July to Nov he may get some altums. If you want to do a group order, let me know...

#23 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

where did you get your wild discus from? how can you regret that purchase? maybe they just need some more time to settle... :)

#24 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

I got them from dragon king. Actually, I don't regret it now. Over the weekend I did some changes to the tank that really got the discus swimming around. Before, they just stuck together scared in one spot near some wood and never moved. I took out the small african cichilids and I had some small silver dollars (the tank is 220G), in a few hours the discus started swimming more (I had 7 discus in there). I then got 5 more wild discus and added it in there, and now they seem very happy. Pretty cool how fish chemistry works. I have one aro in there, and you would think the discus would be scared of the aro, but they are not at all - it was the african cichilids and silver dollars buzzing around that I guess were giving them a headache.

#25 Dis

Dis

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Sounds like a really nice tank. Nice pick up on the wild discus. ive seen those ones at dragon king, I really liked them. Glad they are settling in for you. all the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users