Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Feeding New Life Spectrum food to Plecos, Panaque and wood

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Go buy a small pack of hikari wafers, if they eat that then u must have some nls allergic plecos

#22 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

all of my plecos kill NLS wafers.... i watched my growing black bar silver dollar single handedly chow down on one in about 5 minutes

my pseudas not as fast as L14's, but still

#23 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Go buy a small pack of hikari wafers, if they eat that then u must have some nls allergic plecos

Hikari wafers cause some plecos to look bloated.
I'd never use that garbage again

#24 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

I don't know dude. Hikari makes very high quality food. Whatever pick any other wafer brand and do a controlled test.

#25 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

I don't know dude. Hikari makes very high quality food. Whatever pick any other wafer brand and do a controlled test.

I say it causes fish to look bloated from experience.
Other panaque keepers have posted about having bloated panaque and when asked what they're feeding they say hikari. They stop using it and the fish no longer look bloated.
It's not an uncommon experience with their wafers.

As for their food being high quality there are many threads out there saying the total opposite. they have a big name and a so so product IMO

As for NLS I tried the H2o and it was not even touched. The NLS mega fish is eaten up like they have been starved. it's my first choice now.

The northfin kelp pellets are awesome and my plecos love them as well. Same goes for the veggie pellet and carnivore disc they're great foods.

HBH was another I used in the past and it was also liked a lot by the fish.

#26 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Not saying u didn't experience it but usually bloating is from over feeding from my experience or a royal just having a good old time all night on a big piece of veggie. Then they spend the next two days dumping it all out. On the Internet u can find something negative on any subject. Toyota cars are considered good but there are tons of forums negative on Toyota. Those food brands one think is good there is always a thread that thinks the opposite. Just my two cents. I have fed nls wafers no problems. The only reason I don't feed anymore wafers is its too much food sometimes in one piece and one tends to over feed if you have a big tank with allot of plecos. So u try and throw in allot so every pleco can get one. I think smaller nls food is better. Everyone gets some and less over feeding.

#27 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Usually is the key word.

I can over feed with all the others I mentioned and I have never seen a bloated fish like I and other have experienced with hikari.

Toyotas suck because they cost too much to insure lol

I agree though that you can find bad things being said on the Internet about anything but it's not just words it's comparisons I'm talking about and there is proof backing them. MFK has a bunch of threads worth reading about pellets.

I personally really like NLS

#28 Yam

Yam

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Yah for the price and quality I think nls is good. Hikari is too expensive I think as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users