Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Repashy Superfoods now has a gel food for fish!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

I am very pleased to announce that CanadaPleco will be carrying the full line of Repashy's New Gel Superfoods, the first in Canada to be selling Repashy online. This new food is going to change the way we feed our beloved fish. Be sure to checkout the Getting Started with Repashy Superfoods videos below.

2oz of gel powder makes approx. 1lb of food!

$9.00 for 2oz (makes approx. 1 lb of food)
$16.00 for 4oz (makes approx. 5 lb of food)
$18.00 for 5.3oz (makes approx. 2.5 lb of food)
$27.00 for 8oz (makes approx. 4 lb of food)
$45.00 for 16oz (makes approx. 8 lb of food)
$65.00 for 32oz (makes approx. 16 lb of food)

Buy Online:
http://www.canadapleco.com/store/

Shipping:
$2.95 Lettermail for 8 oz and under
$1.95 lettermail for 4 oz and under

YouTube Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXmZ4kWb3X4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUdMQKXL2vE

Community Plus
This fresh and saltwater formula is our “I want one food for everything” answer that contains a balanced combination of aquatic animal, algae, yeast, and plant ingredients. It is a great choice for a tank with a wide variety of species. It features whole krill meal as the primary ingredient, which is one of the most widely accepted feed ingredients available anywhere. Everybody loves krill, which also contains high levels of chitin that are beneficial for fin development. Community Plus has moderate protein levels to reduce water fouling and satisfy the needs of a wide variety of species.

Posted Image

Meat Pie
The Meat Pie formula is extremely high in bio-available protein (>55%), and designed for fresh and saltwater carnivores and scavengers. It includes whole sardine meal, whole squid meal, and whole krill meal as its primary ingredients. Meat Pie replicates protein levels of whole aquatic organisms such as fish, crustaceans, insects, and mollusks as a staple diet for carnivores. Plus, it’s great as an occasional treat or for conditioning omnivorous species for breeding or after transport. Meat Pie is also perfect for use in reptiles and amphibians such as various carnivorous species of turtles, newts, and lizards.

Posted Image

Shrimp Soufflé
This fresh and saltwater “scavenger formula” is an omnivore formula specifically designed for aquatic and semi-aquatic invertebrates and mollusk eaters. Shrimp Soufflé is high in calcium, and has double the carotenoid levels of the other Repashy Gel formulas to provide essential nutrients for a strong exoskeleton and great coloration. Omnivorous species of shrimps, crabs, and crayfish, as well as many species of loaches have an extremely high attraction to mollusks, therefore whole squid (a mollusk) is the primary ingredient in this formula to maximize palatability. It has moderate levels of proteins from a combination of algae, aquatic animals, green plants, and yeast to replicate the diverse diet of scavenging species. Shrimp Soufflé is also ideal for omnivorous species, particularly as a color enhancer because of its higher carotenoid levels.

Posted Image

Soilent Green
This fresh and saltwater formula is labeled for “aufwuchs” eaters. Aufwuchs is a combination of green algae, diatoms, and small plants, along with tiny organisms such as insect larvae, crustaceans, rotifers, protozoans, and snails that live with them on the surface of hard substrates such as rocks. Many species of fish such as Mbuna cichlids, various plecos and gobies are specialized to feed on aufwuchs by scraping hard surfaces for whatever nutrients they can find. These species do eat a lot of low-caloric algae, but it is the small meaty treats that they relish and what really makes them grow and thrive. Soilent Green is a no-expense-spared blend of algae (25% of formula), combined with the highest quality whole aquatic animal ingredients, to provide a perfect balance of plant and aquatic animal proteins. Soilent Green is perfect for more herbivorous fish, shrimps, crabs, and snails.

Posted Image

Some of my Fish Eating Repashy Foods:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpHw8Gmp2QU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6-tYYW0Jkc

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#2 Chouin

Chouin

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

Hello Rich,
That's great news !

Is it allready available for order ?
Can I mixt 4oz of meat pie (for pseuda) and 4oz of soilent green (for panaque) for $27.95 ?

125g: L007, 3x L24, 3x L114, 2x L160, L190, 2x Adonis

125g : 3x L25, L81, 2x L114, 2x L160, L200

125g : Mega Barrae, 3x L24, L106, L177, 2x L273 Yellow, 3x L273 red, L425, L600

75g: 
50g: 2x L160, L257, 4x LDA33
Montreal (Quebec)

#3 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:48 AM

Yep click the links above and place your order :)

They are pre-packaged sizes, and i did not get any 4oz packs this time. I do have 5.3oz ones though of both those kinds.

Rich

CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#4 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:29 AM

can you use this stuff like a paste, spread it on a rock/driftwood, let it dry outside the aquarium and then it would last even longer in the tank or is that unnecessary?

#5 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

lasts a few days in tank. checkout the videos, they do this in one of them.

Rich

emailsig.png

#6 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2031 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

I sent my order in already.

Charlie

#7 Lukan

Lukan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

Yes, definitely a game changer. My hypancistrus/fish could not wait.

#8 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

the second video sold me, sign me up.

#9 Rush2112

Rush2112

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

Let us know how it works out. It looks very promising and the ingredients, protein levels etc are very good.

But I would like someone to explain how 1 oz of dry matter can turn into 1 lb of food! Logic dictates you get 15 oz of something else.

#10 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

well right, my understanding is you're taking the concentrated product and diluting it, like orange juice from a can essentially.

I dont think it's anything they've addressed, but I wonder how this would work if you had to feed meds to your fish?

#11 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Let us know how it works out. It looks very promising and the ingredients, protein levels etc are very good.

But I would like someone to explain how 1 oz of dry matter can turn into 1 lb of food! Logic dictates you get 15 oz of something else.

You engineers... lol i think it says approx 1 lb of food. 15oz is pretty close to a pound (16 oz.)

Rich

emailsig.png

#12 Rush2112

Rush2112

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

This engineer surmises that the resultant product must be comprised of 1 ounce of "dry" material and 15 ounces of H2O. Is this incorrect?

You engineers... lol i think it says approx 1 lb of food. 15oz is pretty close to a pound (16 oz.)

#13 animeavatar

animeavatar

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

Maybe the stuff expands. I know that eco-earth( substrate for my tarantula) expands when you add water.

#14 Chouin

Chouin

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

It's about volume.
He mentionned 3 parts water and 1 part powder.
In the seconde video, he used 1/2 cup of power (approx 1 oz, take a lot of room) an 1.5 cups of water.
1 cup of water weight approx 1/2 pound.
That mean 0.75 lb of water plus the 1 oz (0.0625 lb) of powder = 0.8125 lb of food !

I'm also an eng., but I'm the worse at cooking :P

75g: 
Montreal (Quebec)

#15 Chouin

Chouin

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

I just proceeded my first order.
Thanks Rich for bringing to us this new food !

75g: 
Montreal (Quebec)

#16 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:09 AM

Got it, all orders will be going out tmrw. More sizes will be in stock in the coming week.

Rich

emailsig.png

#17 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

All orders have been sent out now, with the exception of 2. Just waiting more stock on the 8oz. Will have 8oz and 5.3oz Community Plus, as well as re-stocked Meat Pie and Soilent Green next week.

The stuff looks great, can't wait too see some pics of your fish eating it!

Rich

emailsig.png

#18 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

Fed my plecos the shrimp soufflé tonight, I feed and then turn out the lights in my fish room and leave. Well i went back 30 mins later and all traces of the food was gone in every tank except 1, it has zebras and lda105's in it. They seem to be slower to jump on the food then my other tanks of various hypans and pseudas.

Rich

emailsig.png

#19 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3036 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

Sampler Pack added.
It includes a 2oz package of each of the 4 kinds of food for $35.95 (saves you $5).
http://www.canadaple...re/sampler-pack

Also any order over 90 oz of food will get FREE SHIPPING!

Rich

emailsig.png

#20 Lukan

Lukan

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hey Rich,

First of all Great Service. I received my order 1 day after shipment.

Now, if i only waited a day to place my order then i would been able to get the " Sample Pack ". Either way my fishes will be happy!

Cheers,

Sampler Pack added.
It includes a 2oz package of each of the 4 kinds of food for $34.95 (saves you $5).
http://www.canadaple...re/sampler-pack

Also any order over 90 oz of food will get FREE SHIPPING!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users