Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

RARE PLECO's

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 endi

endi

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:57 PM

Last nite i went to a LFS up in richmond hill. its called gold ocean and they had a new shipment of pleco's. i saw a lot of rare pleco's they had some XL magnum pleco's i think the same size as canadapleco they were around 8". i also saw one big scarlet L27, red cactus L24 i believe, titanicus L273, lots of golden nuggets, L310 and the one that shocked me the most they got in a golden XANTO pleco L57Y . first time i;ve seen that pleco in real life. so all you pleco enthusiasts, you should go up there and check it out. i don't think any LFS or the big ones have ever got this rare pleco in. i didn't bother asking for the price since i knew i couldn't afford one =(

#2 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3044 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

Aww man, i need another one of those big L47's, I could use a 3rd one in the breeding project. :D Thanks for the info!

FYI:
Gold Ocean Aquarium

Address : 9005 Leslie Street, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1G7
Telephone : 905-763-7672

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#3 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3044 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

Umm i couldnt through to them on the phone. When you where there, how many of the big L47 Magnum/mango's did they have if you remember?

Thanks!

Rich

Rich

CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#4 endi

endi

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:48 PM

they had 2 of them... i was there last nite

#5 Silverbc3

Silverbc3

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:08 PM

I am on my way there tomorrow!! Can't wait!

Bert

#6 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3044 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:29 AM

EHHHHHHHH hopefully theres still some there for me!!! MAybe I'll just have to get some from Blue @ exoticfinds if they sell out.

Hope you find somethign cool there Bert!!! Let us know!

Rich

emailsig.png

#7 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 987 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:34 AM

I am gonna hit it up as well I talked to the guy and he said he has lots of plecos. I hope his prices are good.

#8 Silverbc3

Silverbc3

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

I usually don't mind paying out a bit more if the fish are healthy and well cared for. Then again some of the prices I've seen are ridiculous! :eek:
Whenever the BA's in London here gets a shipment of some rare plecs I usually strike a deal by getting 3 or 4 of them. Maybe I can cut a deal at Gold Ocean as well.

#9 jackson

jackson

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 987 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:11 PM

I bet you will have no problem with those guy's. When I talked to him on the phone he was trying to sell me fish. LOL

#10 Silverbc3

Silverbc3

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:11 AM

Well, they had some nice selection. The L600 was super nice, and super expensive. They still had the two large L47's, looked like really good specimens too. I was tempted to get both, believe me, but the price tag of $125 got me. I settled for a couple of GN's instead. Over all, out of the 6 stores we hit today they had the best selection.

Bert

#11 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3044 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:53 AM

humm $125 isnt too bad for L47's that size. 8" is that including the tail? and could you tell if they were male or female? I am contemplating doing the 2hr drive on monday to pick them up.

Rich

emailsig.png

#12 klc

klc

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:09 AM

How much was the L600 and how big? I'm partial to pseudas so may spring for it. Just for interest, how much was the Xanto?

#13 Rush2112

Rush2112

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:56 AM

Hi
I believe the big Xanto was about $480!

Gino

#14 klc

klc

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:05 AM

Ouch! To rich for me. I wonder if the L273 Titanicus is still available. May have to make a trip tomorrow.

#15 endi

endi

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:07 AM

those guys will give you better deal if you get more than one fish.. and most prices are negotiable.. if your not being an as$ bout it
i picked up a scarlet and a titanicus myself.. very pleased with it

#16 Silverbc3

Silverbc3

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:45 AM

humm $125 isnt too bad for L47's that size. 8" is that including the tail? and could you tell if they were male or female? I am contemplating doing the 2hr drive on monday to pick them up.

Hmmm, unfortunately I'm no expert in sexing them. To me they both looked the same. If I remember correctly they were separated, not in same tank.

The L600 was $200. Around 6". And as endi said, the titanicus is SOLD! If I didn't live so far away and was only there to pick up fish I'd probably have gotten the L600 or the two L47's but they probably would have been on a 3-4 hour journey home. I'd rather not make them go through that, especially at that price. Is there anything that can be done to take them on longer car rides with less stress to the fish?

They said they should get another shipment in about two weeks.

Bert

#17 endi

endi

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:59 AM

well the fish are wild.. from brazil.. so the trip from there to toronto is even longer.. airport ....customs... supplier and the other stuff in between.. just the wait for the pleco's to arrive at the store took 3 hrs!!

#18 Silverbc3

Silverbc3

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:28 PM

Yeah, but the store owners always seem to mention how many die out of the amount they should receive. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

#19 KnaveTO

KnaveTO

CP Donator

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:18 PM

Would be nice to visit it sometime... is it on the GO bus route at all? (don't drive)

Also just got back from Lucky Aquarium in Markham and they have a fair selection going today... grabbed me a L030 or 031 and a L066

They had quite a few other L series plecos there as well
Ross

Plec List
3 - ABN (Ancistrus sp.)
3 - L066 King Tiger (Hypancistrus sp.)
2 - L340 Mega Clown (Hypancistrus sp.)
1 - L191 Dull Eyed Royal (Panaque sp.)
1 - L204 Flash (Panaque sp.)
1 - L134 Leopard Frog (Peckoltia sp.)

#20 endi

endi

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:29 AM

uhmm if you take the TTC u'll have to get on the 25D and get off at hwy 7.. did u see any L25 or L273 there scarlet or titanicus ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users