Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

I moved--- AGAIN

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3044 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:24 AM

Yep I moved yet again... BUT this time I had to downsize big time :( I'm up north in cottage country for a min of 2 years in this house, YIPPIE!

Unfortunatley I really only have 3 tanks now. So it's been a bit of a trick getting everything in.

Here'd what I did, I am jus keeping my fingers crossed it'll work.

Tank 1: 135 gallon (18"x72")
2 x BIG L47 Mango's like real big, my male is 12" or so.
1 x L333 Watermelon Royal 6"
1 x L190 Royal 6"
2 x L191 Royal 3"
5 x LDA33 Snowball 3"
2 x L81 Gold Nugget 2"
1 x L81 Gold Nugget 6"
4 x L002 Tiger Panaque 1.5"

Filters
EHEIM Pro 3e
EHEIM w/d 2229
Sponges & power heads

Tank 2: 135 gallon (18"x72")
5 x L201 Flash Plecos
6 x L260 Queen Arabasque
6 x L400
5 x L316
a bunch of BN

Filters
EHEIM Pro II 2028
Sponges & power heads

Tank 3: 30 odd gallon (18"x24")
18 x L46 Zebra Plecos

Filters
EHEIM 2222
EHEIM w/d 2227

========================

OVERCROWED I know!!!!! I have a couple extra EHEIM 2222 and 2224's I'm going to throw on the 2 big tanks to help out. And well of course lotta water changes, yippie I can hardly wait. At least I'm on a well here and don't have to worry about chlorine and that crap. So hopefully they don't kill each other, but 4 days in and no deaths yet. Got the fingers crossed here.

Will get a few pics in the next few days. I made some pretty nice looking stands for them, well I think they are nice looking stands. hehe. I will let you all decide.

Cheers,

Rich

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#2 KnaveTO

KnaveTO

CP Donator

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:42 AM

good luck up there in cottage country and with the tank arrangements
Ross

Plec List
3 - ABN (Ancistrus sp.)
3 - L066 King Tiger (Hypancistrus sp.)
2 - L340 Mega Clown (Hypancistrus sp.)
1 - L191 Dull Eyed Royal (Panaque sp.)
1 - L204 Flash (Panaque sp.)
1 - L134 Leopard Frog (Peckoltia sp.)

#3 klc

klc

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

Glad to see that you're back in business. Watch the water hardness out of a well. It can be nasty. You may also want to check for iron and sulpher. Otherwise, you're a lucky sod! I see that you kept most of your plecos but what did you do with all the old tanks etc?

#4 Zoban

Zoban

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:25 PM

Visit the local crappie tire and snag a pair of rainfresh inline water filters.

Add them to the main line coming into the house and your set. Drinking water and all will taste better. And the fish will thank you. Not near as costlyor wasteful as RO either. Though RO can still be used on the "prefilterd" lines for specific needs.

#5 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3044 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:30 PM

I have a full RO unit, just havent set it up yet. Hardness is not too bad here... Not as bad as I was expecting at least. Busy busy.. will try to get pics shortly

Rich

CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#6 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3044 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:04 PM

Okay got some pics now... Still gotta stain the doors on the one tank and add doors to the other and pickout some stain for it as well.

Rich

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1944.jpg
  • IMG_1948.jpg
  • IMG_1952.jpg
  • IMG_1953.jpg

Rich

emailsig.png

#7 klc

klc

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

The tanks look pretty good! Not bad considering the recent move. Where are the little stripped buggers?

#8 Zebrapl3co

Zebrapl3co

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:20 PM

Wow, that first picture of the Mango pleco with all those other tinny pleco is just ... weird. Don't they fight over teritorries?
I just have 6 pleco in my 110 G and they fight all the time.

#9 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3044 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:38 PM

Wow, that first picture of the Mango pleco with all those other tinny pleco is just ... weird. Don't they fight over teritorries?
I just have 6 pleco in my 110 G and they fight all the time.

The big mango is king of the tank nobody is anywhere close to that size so they just dont bother with him.

The only guys really fighting are my 2 royals, they are between 4-6" and they both have some battle wounds on them. I may move one to the other tank, will see how they are after the weekend.

The tanks look pretty good! Not bad considering the recent move. Where are the little stripped buggers?

Ahh them white and black strippy guys... Well they are in a 15 gallon tank at my parents cottage. I had moved them up a couple weeks before I did my main move so I wouldnt have to worry about them.

My L400's are in another 15 gallon tank there as well, I am a tad nervous putting them in the 125 now that all the other hypans have got their turf sorted out :( Not exactly sure what to do and I really dont want to re-decorate the tank.

Rich

emailsig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users