Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Petsmart

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wagon1

wagon1

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

I was surfing around yesterday on the computer for prices on a 29 gallon 30x12x18 tank and light combo.
Petsmart had a TopFin model with single strip flourecent canopy for $89
I called the brampton store to see if it was in stock and the woman said yes. I enquired about the price and she said $114? I explained to her that the website listed the tank for $89. She said that Petsmart is an American co. and uses an American site with American pricing. BUT , she said if I printed the page she would honour the price listed on the web!!
Called Big Als Brampton, just to see if they would honour they're "we'll beat any competetors price by 5%"? I was told told they sell Perfecto Aquariums and not TopFin therefore would not match or beat price!
So off to Petsmart I went and got my tank for the $89, still had to go to Big Als and by the filters heaters etc.
Oh Ya... Big Als wanted a $142 for the same size tank and canopy!

Which is why I made this post! If you're looking for Small aquariums, try Petsmart first you might be surprised!
Mine is still holding water LOL

#2 Marowana

Marowana

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:29 PM

thanks for the info. dont they have filters for a good price at petsmart website?

#3 wagon1

wagon1

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

^ I'm not a fan of the equiptment they sell. I prefer the good stuff ;-)
BUT for tanks up to 120 gallon.. kinda hard too beat their prices!
ex: 30 gallon breeder tank, glass top, flourecent canopy $129.99 - thats a good deal imo!

#4 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 1975 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:06 PM

I don't shop at Petsmart. They are not a fish club friendly store like Super Pet was. They ripped out most of the tanks to make room for more junky dog and cat toys and supplies.

#5 Jennifer Griffin

Jennifer Griffin

Pleco Fry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Petsmart either. Many of the times I have gone to Petsmart their fish have been dead, dying, or in rough shape. In their defense, they are good for occasionally scoring cheap deco, meds, and so on but I agree with the statement about them mostly catering to cat and dog toys/supplies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users