Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

What I've found recently in the stores..

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 wagon1

wagon1

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

Big Als Vaughn has/had some L264 sultan pleco's and some L67 clowns
and if anyone likes Big African catfish Big Als in Newmarket has some nice Synodontis Angelicus 6-9"

I make regular trips all over the GTA just to see whats new, I will post up anything decent when/as I come across them:biggrin:
All the best

#2 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

Nice find!

Welcome to the forum!

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#3 wagon1

wagon1

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

^ Thx, I was at Aquatic Kingdom in Miss. they have quite a few different goodies....Not sure on the numbers or their trade names but I did see...
Clown pleco's, Broken line Royals?, Royals, L128, Big spot pleco 163?, Sunset cactus (not to sure about that one..blk with orange/redish tips on fins) and a couple others I forgot already LOL
Worth the trip this week for alook ;-)

#4 tobalman

tobalman

CP Donator

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:06 AM

wagon1 Welcome to the forum. Please keep an eye out for me if you spot any lfs has Green Laser Cory for sale (CW009)

Posted Image

Thanks

#5 wagon1

wagon1

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

^ NP. The Big Als in newmarket has emerald green cory's. I know not what your looking for...
I plan on going to Toronto to Menagerie Pet shop hopefully next wk, they are getting a big order soon! Might just have your cory's and some other cool thing too
I will post up once I get a chance to go

#6 tobalman

tobalman

CP Donator

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:31 AM

Thank you wagon1, I went to Menagerie today and they don't have these cory in stock. I end up with some nice Poso orange snails.

#7 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:47 AM

those snails are really nice!!!! hope you get the breeding soon Hong, I want some of your babies :)

Rich

CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#8 tobalman

tobalman

CP Donator

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

Hi Rich

I really like them but they breeding very slow, in the last 3 months I only have two babies. That is why I pick up some more for my plant tank.

those snails are really nice!!!! hope you get the breeding soon Hong, I want some of your babies :)

#9 wagon1

wagon1

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:18 PM

I was at Big Als in Vaughn yesterday, they have 2 adonis about 6" each in good health, LDA67 clown plecos, Gibby's,Rubbernose, a whole tank full of STARVING to death (dead ones in tank) Gold Nuggets, Hi Fin ancistrius . I think there was one or two more I cant remember atm. Oh... They also had 3 adult Peruvian Angelfish in good health if anyone likes those. And they still have the $1000 arrowana for sale.
Shark is still alive , BUT one of the triggers in the tank has popeye so bad it looks as though its eye will burst! DISGUSTING! They don't have much luck with that big tank.

#10 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2054 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

I have not had much luck breeding Poso or Rabbit Snails and it has just recently occured as to maybe why. They come from the same waters as Sulawesi Shrimp. The temperature is about 30C and Ph 8 alkalinity and hard water. The tanks I have had them in were cooler and too soft. I may try them again with Sulawesi Shrimp in the future

#11 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:11 AM

Adonis are no longer allowed for export or wont be in the VERY near future. So anyone looking for some heres a good chance to get a couple.

Rich

emailsig.png

#12 wagon1

wagon1

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

Menagerie gets its south american order tonight, with fish ready for sale tommorrow?
No pleco's listed on website but they are getting a Thallasophyrne Amazonicus (Freshwater Stonefish) for those that like weird large fish.
If I get a chance this weekend I will go and check them out and see what they're not posting on the website..

#13 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

That's scary that so many places get fish in and turn and sell the following day. QT QT QT QT!

Rich

emailsig.png

#14 wagon1

wagon1

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

They had some L200's at Big Als Newmarket when I was there last week for$49 ea. They were 3-4" size
Haven't had a chance to do a check of the stores since the driveshaft fell off my truck :-(
Still waiting to get it back :-(

#15 Pleco4sale

Pleco4sale

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

Thanks for the info wagon1. Keep us updated.

#16 wagon1

wagon1

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

Well I finally made it to the Menagerie Pet Shop yesterday, never been there before.
It was quite a drive from my place, probably be awhile before I go back.
They have TINY tanks that are jam packed with fish! I saw 10-20 species per tank :-O
Never seen so many fish crammed into such little tanks before.
I ended up picking up some cory cats, but didn't see any interesting L #'s...
Had a talk with Harold who does the ordering , he said he can get things like Zebra's but they are out of his price range, quoted me $250 for adult L46 that are captive bred.
They do carry some hard to find dry goods, I was able to get some Sera Catfish chips, and Hikari Micro Waffers (not pellets!) been looking for those for a long time now, seem to be very hard to find in Canada.
They gave me a bit of a price break for quantity which was nice, and all the fish I bought yesterday seem to be doing well....

#17 Rush2112

Rush2112

Adult Pleco

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Thanks for the update Wagon1. Like you, I'm far away from the Menagerie but whenever I'm in downtown Toronto I check it out.
It's a nice pet shop.The tanks may be small but are very clean and the fish healthy and well taken care of. This store will bring in more species and better quality of fish than most of the big stores. And as you mentioned, they carry foods no one else does.
Gino

#18 Deon

Deon

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

The Big Als in newmarket has ruby cory's. I know not what your looking for I strategy on going to Greater to Menagerie Pet store hopefully next wk, they are getting a big purchase soon! Might just have your cory's and some other awesome factor too....

Premier Fitness Solutions
1445 Merchant Dr,
Algonquin, Illinois,
USA, 60102-5917
PHONE# (224) 678-9060

#19 Bwhiskered

Bwhiskered

CP Donator

• Members
  • 2054 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

I have never heard of a Ruby Cory. Is it another dyed fish from Singapore? The Dragon Aquarium has L-201 plecos for $19.99.

#20 Dutch

Dutch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBradford

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Either have I and its my store... What do you mean by a ruby cory?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users