Follow us on...
Home
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
Photo
- - - - -

Big Als Scarborough L47,L91....

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

Went by my local shop today, they had alot of of L128, L200, a couple small L47, one small L91 and a couple 7inch vampires. looks like missed out on the big 75% off sale as a few tanks were cleaned out.....

#2 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:22 AM

update

they had alot of small royals(L190)

i picked up one who looked rather platinum. also they had three or four pelligrini plecos (L075) but they looked more like pineapples as i didnt see much orange on the cheeks at all. a full tank of galaxias (L007) looking like they were just getting settled in.

went by indoor jungle as well, disasterous looking place, but there was a big royal there (8inch) that had a save me look on his face.

#3 CanadaPleco

CanadaPleco

Admin/Owner

• Administrators
  • 3039 posts
  • LocationMinden, ON

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:49 AM

hehe theres a member here that bought 2 of those 190's today :)

Rich

BreakthruDesigns.ca - Chainsaw Carvings by Rich
CanadaPleco.com - Our Plecos Suck Harder - Canadian Forums for Pleco Enthusiasts

emailsig.png

#4 jimmy chonga

jimmy chonga

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:09 AM

:blush: i saw "Hold two royals for irene" written on the tank and i thought it was the name of someone who posts here......

I picked one up too LOL great looking fish, very light colouration, very straight lines. i've always loved panaques. he's already out with the big boys fighting for food and staking out a piece of driftwood for himself.

#5 Catsaholic

Catsaholic

CP Donator

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

Yep, Jimmy, that would be me

#6 bcarlos

bcarlos

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

What were they selling the L91 at? Bet they can't beat my price =)

#7 BigFishy

BigFishy

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:32 PM

What were they selling the L91 at? Bet they can't beat my price =)

$39.99 each

#8 bcarlos

bcarlos

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, so I'm at $22 ea, 6 or more for $20 ea. I'm assuming that it's smaller than my 4-6 inchers, too.

Shameless plug lol

#9 Hitch

Hitch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:38 PM

Ok, just went to BAs.....

They have 4 L330s left, smallest being 4" largest being about 5". From what I can see, 3 of the 4 are not full spot....the last one is almost completely full spot...but still not to perfection..LOL...(that was mainly for Rich, Irena, Bill and Ross...hahaha). The prob with them is their health. They are in a large tank with silver dollars...and all 4 of them were breathing very deeply, up against the front glass, not responsive AT ALL to outside disturbance (I dont mean I was banging on the glass...more like not responsive to me when I was literally 1 cm away from them...not including the glass). All of them have some sort of abrasions on thie entire body. At this point its hard to tell if its was aggression or fungal...my money is leaning towards fungal (due to their behaviour, and the fast that I can see tiny spines sticking out...not the normal spines on the plates...but I guess the raised scales equivalent on a pleco). Will check again on sunday to confirm. But generally not the most impressed.

As for the tank of L190s. From close inspection, a couple had pretty sunken stomachs.....all very small (like 2"), torn fins....generally not a pleasing looking bunch. Maybe I am being a little too critical...but they FAIL in comparison to the ones I got from Luckys like 2 weeks ago (which by the way...are beautiful and fat now...lol). So Irena....when you go their...take your time and carefully select them...I will be checking out luckys tomorrow and will tell you how their L190s are doing.

so...enough of the "not so happy news".....on a happier note....they do have a good selection of colourful fish....lol...sorry, thats the best I can come up with..lol

#10 Catsaholic

Catsaholic

CP Donator

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:07 AM

Louis, I agree with you on 190's. You know why? I examined them all and chose the best ones. :)

#11 Hitch

Hitch

Juvie Pleco

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:14 AM

you already bought them?

#12 Catsaholic

Catsaholic

CP Donator

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:16 AM

Yes, I did. Very sweet-looking babies.

#13 djrocs88

djrocs88

Pleco Egg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

there is nothing like a little royal for cool looking. Bought three at Dragon yesterday about 3 inches long and they look very sharp if i may say so myself... maybe I will have to try and get a pic on here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users